Close in person but distant on texting

I know this girl likes me. She even told her friend. I like her too.

But when it comes to texting, she never starts first. I have to start, and then she's the one that stop texting back in a conversation. Sometimes she just do smiley responses, like WTF.

What is going? Why does it seem so distant why she's texting me but she's so much closer in person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some girls are obsessed with the idea that they can't initiate conversations, or that it must be 50:50. They can have lots of little rules regarding text messages like this.

I know it seems stupid to a guy, but that's how they operate.

What Girls Said 2

• Trust me, if a girl really likes you, she'll make you chase. Men are the hunters. Make all the first moves, and if she really likes u, she'll bite. Good luck ;)

• well I'm in a similar situation however, the girl in this instance. the guy who's going for me and I like him back always texts me first. the reason I don't begin the texting or act very interested is because I don't want to get hurt in the long run so if the guy screws me over it won't seem like I care even though I really do

What Guys Said 2

• You're new to this game aren't you. It's called 'making him sweat'... unless you're being strung along in another sense

• Some people just aren't good at communicating through text messages. I have that problem as well and people are offended when I don't mean to offend them. If she's close to you in person then that's all that matters.