Close in person but distant on texting

I know this girl likes me. She even told her friend. I like her too.

But when it comes to texting, she never starts first. I have to start, and then she's the one that stop texting back in a conversation. Sometimes she just do smiley responses, like WTF.

What is going? Why does it seem so distant why she's texting me but she's so much closer in person?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Some girls are obsessed with the idea that they can't initiate conversations, or that it must be 50:50. They can have lots of little rules regarding text messages like this.

I know it seems stupid to a guy, but that's how they operate.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Trust me, if a girl really likes you, she'll make you chase. Men are the hunters. Make all the first moves, and if she really likes u, she'll bite. Good luck ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • well I'm in a similar situation however, the girl in this instance. the guy who's going for me and I like him back always texts me first. the reason I don't begin the texting or act very interested is because I don't want to get hurt in the long run so if the guy screws me over it won't seem like I care even though I really do

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• You're new to this game aren't you. It's called 'making him sweat'... unless you're being strung along in another sense

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people just aren't good at communicating through text messages. I have that problem as well and people are offended when I don't mean to offend them. If she's close to you in person then that's all that matters.

0|0
    0|0