Is dating a short girl a problem?

I like this pretty tall ish guy, he's about 6 ft 2 or maybe 6 ft 5 at the most I'd say. I'm 5 ft 2.. is that a problem? he sort of hinted that he doesn't like to date short girls... he has liked me and I definitely like him, but he and I have never dated! Is my shortness a turn off?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like a guy who is 6'6 and I'm am 5'5 and I don't think he has a problem with that. I mean, he's the person who started dropping hints that he likes me, haha. Anyways, if a guy really likes you, height or anything like that shouldn't be a problem.

What Guys Said 6

• Equal Opportunity on height...be they short or be they tall...taster surely loves them all...

• @ taster - awesome response.

• @cherie22 - Oops, I'm sorry, cherie22; I mistook your comment on taster's answer as being addressed to me. I'm rather new on this site, so please excuse me for the blunder.

• Lol if a girl is short it's not biggie. Tons of guys love short girls. But guys being short is a huge problem though since girls don't like short guys. Many guys actually prefer short guys, especially a lot of tall guys so don't worry about it just because one tall guy might not be into short girls like you.

• haha OK. I want that one though.. haha

• most guys like short girls.. I know I do

• good! but even when they aren't as tall as your shoulders?

• as in you don't look like a midget, you're just short...

• haha oh yeah gotcha. nope, not that short!

• Love transcends everything, including this issue.

• i like shorter girls but when their below my shoulders its just hard to kiss them.

easy to put my arm around though... lol =P

• hm. yeah. that's true. guess that's a good excuse if you don't like PDA haha

• For him it is, and he already told you so.

• isnt that a silly reason not to date someone though?

• Well, I'm 6'2" and 5'2" would be my absolute lower limit.

• ah gotcha

What Girls Said 6

• A good friend of mine is as short as you. Her boyfriend is at a solid height of 6' 2" and he picks her up to kiss her. It's cute. If he really likes you, then your height shouldn't (wouldn't) interfere.

• aw yeah that's that I think too. thanks for the response!

• everyones different...some guys like short and some like girls around their height :/

doesn't make sense how he "hinted" it and he liked you before...wtf is going on there lol

well my boyfriend is like 6'2 and I'm 5. there's no problem there! his mom told me he likes his girls petite and all too so I guess he likes short/teeny girls ha ha

and a lot of tall calls say I'm so short is so cute. in a friend way though... but it really depends on the guy! you being upset about your height is like me being upset about my chubbiness, even though guys think chubbiness is cute. kinda.

• haha good. so there is hope he'll change his mind!

• Girls are generally shorter than guys. There's nothing wrong with it. But that also goes for taller girls with shorter men. Building a relationship with someone is not about height. I don't think the source of your problem is height. I'm 5 feet and half an inch and the guy I'm currently dating is ... well I don't know how tall he is but he is a lot taller than me. It's not a problem, just makes kissing a little bit cuter.

;)

• haha I like that. makes kissing cuter. ha ha oh boys. so unfair, what a silly reason not to like someone

• Though again, I don't believe your height is the source of your problem. Discuss your relationship with him and what the possibilities are like. But yes, the cuteness of kissing is a perk. And I also don`t believe you should feel like things are `unfair`otherwise it`s just not healthy.

• I don't know about your guy in particular, but I always liked heigh gaps! I like to feel small in comparison :) and I know there are guys out there who like petite girls; you just have to find them! Good luck!

• NOPE.

• I guess if he truly likes you then no but I remember one guy I dated telling me that he prefers girls around his height because then he can make a move without awkwardly bending down whereas if he were dating a shorter girl he cudnt exactly make a move on her and he found it annoying that It was her making moves. I think that applies more to shallow guy tho. Hope this helps :)