Whatever happened to just dating?

Lately to me it seems people talk/text for a week or two, then get asked for a relationship . What happened to going out a few times and getting to know each other before even talking about a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• What happened to dating? SEX.

I believe that most relationships are about sex. Most relationships I see would fall apart if there wasn't consistant sex. I know guys who get into relationships with girls that they KNOW they won't be with for long term just for the sake of getting as much sexual favors as they want whenever they want. I think that sex has decimated the quality of relationships these days. Once guys start having sex, espcially if they get it consistantly, it's difficult for them to go without it. Most of them will leave or cheat on a girl who doesn't put out some way. Then girls feel pressured to have sex and get on their knees and suck his stuff. I think that sex is natural and a good bonding part of a relationship when you have reached a certain age and maturity level that can not be obtained by 16 year olds no matter how much they'd like to believe it can. Also in general, society and the media feeds our generation the idea that people have to date and be in relationships. So people go out and seek relationships very young, using them to fill a hole they weren't meant to heal. Playing the part but just pretending. Building something fragile and breakable that almost always falls apart so then they go looking for the next one. They don't see that they can't have a healthy, successful relationship until they havea cleansed heart and all complexities have been filtered.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't jump into the first thing I can get my hands on either, I prefer to get to know a girl first, then il decide whether I see myself being with her.. I see looooads of people getting in a relationship and after 2 weeks its like OH BABY I LOVE YOU. Its silly..

• Exactly! When I see people do that it makes relationships seem like a bunch of bullsh*t.

• lol That's weird. Everyone I know dates. I would do the same. Just talking or texting is not enough. I guess everyone is diluted into think it's enough to get to know someone.

• It's always been like this. Only a few ladies men play the field in any generation.

What Girls Said 1

• I know what you mean. People don't care for that much anymore. its crazy, people rather just be in a relationship for a wk then dump the person.