What's your take on online dating/chat rooms/meeting people?

Hi so I'm new to the online-meeting-people-scene and was wondering if you had an opinion on whether it's dangerous, if people who choose these venues to meet others are weird in some way, or if it's a good way to meet people.

I hear arguments for and against amongst my friends but the general consensus is negative. I know this isn't the most impartial place to get opinions on this, but anything you have to share would be appreciated!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• .. I vote go meet people in the real world!

• I've tried them and you just have to be very careful. If you're going to meet someone then go to a public place with lots of people around. Also take the time to get to know the person a lot before you meet. When I tried online meeting people scene, I found a lot of older guys would talk to me. I don't know how you feel about that but I'm 18 and I was having 40-60 year olds hitting on me. That's one of the reasons I stopped.