My boyfriend is gone away and my ex wants to hang out?

My boyfriend left for a trip and is gone for a week. My ex, which is my boyfriend's somewhat friend wants to hang out just as friends tho, just have a drink and catch up. I haven't said yes or no yet but I know where my boyfriend is going he is gonna meet lots of new people and I'm sure he will be hanging out with other women. Would it be stupid if I hung out with him one time, or is it OK since my boyfriend will be making friends with new women?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well, your boyfriend isn't going to be hanging out with his ex's will he?

I do not think it is okay...but, why do you think he will be making friends with new women?

Have you talked to him about it?

Anyway, unless you KNOW for a FACT that your boyfriend has no problem with you hanging out with your ex, then I wouldn't do it. Since they are friends, word will get out eventually and it will make you look bad. Not to mention, peope are conniving. He could be doing this to shove in your boyfriend's face that you two hung out...also a drink? Like alcohol? Never good!

Just saying!

Best wishes xxxxx

• The place my boyfriend is going is very friendly and there's thousands of people and I know how he is and well there's no doubt in my mind that he will be hanging out with other women. He never said he was going to but I know it will happen. My boyfriend has hung out with his ex numerous times with out telling me and when I asked if it was OK if I did his words were "I don't really care"

• I don't think I am going to hang out with him. If you're right then he really doesn't want me to hang out with him. I am worried about him being gone, so guess I'm trying to find things in the mean time to make myself feel better

• aww.. Well, talk to him about it, honey! Tell him how you feel. I do ALL the time. And, my boyfriend sometimes gets a little annoyed, but he still tells me...he says "I'd rather you talk to me about it, then let it eat at you and make you think things that aren't true". Communication is key to a good relationship! =) Best wishes xxxx <3

• Your boyfriend making new friends has nothing to do with it at all.

And, honestly, I say treat him the way you would want to be treated. Would you feel comfortable if he was hanging out with his ex-girlfriend one-on-one while you were out of town?

• He has hung out with his ex, numerous times and lied about it too. I was more hurt he lied because it makes me think there's something more that he wants to hide. The last time they hung out was in the winter. I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but he has done it to me and I know he will be with other women for this week.

• It sounds like you are jealous that he will be around other women this week. It also sounds like he has given you a reason not to trust him. Are you sure you want to stay in this relationship. I think that you already know that hanging out with your ex will be bad for your relationship. If you want to damage your relationship (consciously or unconsciously) maybe it is time to realize that you don't want to be with this guy.

• I am a bit worried about him being gone, but we have been together for 4 years and I know I want to be with him. I don't want to damage anything, but he says he doesn't care what I do but someone else commented that when he says that he actually means otherwise. So I guess it's best I don't hang out with my ex and just hope he makes the right decisions on his trip