Is it weird that I've not kissed a girl or had sex - going to college?

Hello! So, as you can probably tell from my question, I'm going to college soon, I'm 18, and I've never kissed a girl or had sex. I've been told by girls before that I'm cute, and I can tell I've had them flirting with me, but I think I'm just so detached from the entire process of dating and flirting that I don't move forward with the girls, or I don't recognize the true signs of when they're interested in me. I mean, God forbid I'm actually as ugly as I think I am sometimes, but I feel like I'm a bit of a loser for not being able to get anything 'done' so to speak. My friends tell me all the time that girls seem to fall over me, but I don't notice it at all. I used to be a bit heavier until I was 15, when I started actually working out, but now I feel like my mind is warped from those days - I still feel insecure, and each day that I don't find someone it gets worse. Any help for how to proceed, or what to do? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, I don't think it's weird at all, seeing as how I am pretty much in the same situation as you except that I'm a girl. I mean in high school I never actually realized how 'behind' I was compared to my friends and other classmates. I used to make a big deal out of how I never experienced any of that, but nowadays I just tell myself that when the time comes for me to meet the right person, it will happen. For the past few years, it seemed like I was always on the hunt to find a guy but it came to a point where I just stopped because it should just come at you naturally. I felt like I was forcing myself to try and find a boyfriend because I haven't experienced anything in the romance department. Sorry for rambling, but here's my advice:

Since you said that girls are flirting with you, you should try to be more aware of what they are doing so you can reciprocate it. Also, if you see a girl that you have some interest in, just try getting her attention or flirt with her, ya know, something along those lines. The worst that can happen then is that they reject you, but you just move on to the next one. Hope this helps!

What Girls Said 3

• Hey, don't worry at all about having not dated or kissed the opposite gender at age 18, I was in the same exact situation when I was your age... but that was 4 years ago. Since you are going to college, you will find yourself change if not dramatically. Soon enough you will be dating and you will have your first kiss =) What's the hurry? You already have girls flirting with you, so you are on the right track. If you decide that you are ready to start dating, then try flirting with a few girls who flirts with you, or whoever you are interested in. Don't be shy, and NEVER appear like a wuss. And most importantly, be yourself. Girls who are worth it will like you for who you are. Have fun and good luck! ^_^

• I bet a lot of people are in your situation so you don't need to feel bad about anything

• I wasn't interested in high school boys. They were too immature for me. Then I went to college and couldn't seem to find any guys who really liked me for me. Finally, in my sophomore year of college, at age 19, I found a guy I liked and got my first kiss - for emphasis, at age 19. And waiting for that perfect guy meant that it was awesome.

So no, it's not weird, at least not from my skewed perspective. I think it's rather romantic and mature, and I respect it. You need to learn to love yourself, though, before you make a move on a girl. Just go in there thinking there's no way she can reject you (but RESPECT and flatter her) and then go in for the kill - with the right girl, of course.

By the way, fantastic username. ;) As a fellow English major, I approve.

What Guys Said 1