Best age to start kids? I'm barly 21 and I feel like I'm late to be a mom?

geezus I feel like everyone is a parent or pregnant...

...

regardless... of weather or not you already had a kid(s)... when do you think is a better time to start...

my vote is D...

• Less than 16, as young as possible!!! baby=kyute!!!
  • 16-19 end of high school/ and teens <3 baby=love
  • 19-23 while IN college...
  • 24-29 still young but done with school
  • 29+ age is wisdom?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're so young! I choose D. I would rather wait until I'm around 24-28 to have kids. My sister use to want kids when she was 12, and now that she's 20 she thinks she is late when it comes to having children. I would rather wait until I'm done with my education and to be somewhat financially stable so my kid could grow up in a decent home. When you're young you can't always provide your child with what they need. Don't worry about it for another few years. :)

What Guys Said 11

• I think having an established career first is very important. Raising a child is time consuming and expensive so a constant income and a career that allows for flexibility is necessary. If you have a kid too young and you need to quit school/your job to raise the child that is a problem. 21 isn't too late at all, in fact I think its too young. Closer to 30 I'd say is the best age but late 20s is what I answered.

• I picked D because you should be finishing up with school and ready to begin your career.

I don't understand why you feel late to be a mom at 21? Does this have something to do with the media or other women you know that are your age with babys? A better question would be if you are looking to become a mom is do you have a job and a lot of time you can devote to raising a child?

• i truly don't I think 26-28 is much better time to start but it bothers me sometimes when a lot of girls around me are moms =/

i do not want kids til I'm married, happy, and financially able to afford a family

• So its peer pressure? I know a lot of people I went to school with or around my age that are already married. Used to make me feel bad because I never even dated and it wasn't until I did that I realized that I shouldn't want something because everyonelse has it. And that everything will happen when the time is right not at the time its popular.

• I'm 21... I'd cry if I heard those chaotic words "I'm pregnant"

• I think that its important to have a college education under your belt before having kids. Thus being a model parent. But again that's just me.

• when your done with college, both have jobs, and have disposable income. that's the perfect age

• when your done with college

• We had our son just B 4 she turned 40 and 6 months B 4 I turned 44...

• definetley D.

• You're young! You've got your whole life to live! Wait till around 29.

• I think the best time is around 23 and here's why

A young parent has more energy to be with their child

A young parent can still relate to their child compared to someone who had children at 30 or 40.

When you've just finished college or Uni you will be working low end jobs to get *experience in your career field* these jobs can usually be less stressful, offer less pay, but tend to be jobs with more flexible work hours. If you can ask parents to help you out if you decide to have kids at a young age if you can.

It will take about 3 years experience in a low level job before you can get a better level job in your career path usually which means you might end up 27-28 if you have 2 children will allowances for 6 months homestay accounted for to reach 3 years experience. At this point you could then raise to mid levels in your career path, where work becomes more important and hours are less flexible.

I would prefer you have had kids by my age personally but I just don't get dates, with is sad and disheartening but you just have to accept it. So when I get to a mid level job I'm gonna look into adoption which is expensive and as a single guy I am very unlikely to be allowed to adopt due to the way things work but it's the only option available to me. I personally don't understand why people leave having kids to 30s-40s, to me that's just way too late in life.

• All those are pretty young, most working women I know have them in their 30's.

I think late 20's is a good time, all things considered.

I don't want to discourage the 20 year olds from having kids, because if my marriage fails, I'm totally going after a 22 year old single mother.

What Girls Said 5

• personally I think if you really want to have kids and be able to take care of them, you should have graduated college, got a job, have a house, have a steady relationship with the father and be financially prepared to raise a kid.

• lol ..I think it's best for one to become a mom after they're done with school. The age that I think is more appropriate is 28/29 and above.

• :Depends hun as long as not too young and you can support your kids and give them their needs then its fine to have one... me I graduated in college when I was 19y.o a 4year course which is Nursing and I'm 22 now but probably I want to have one like between 23-25y.o and ofcourse to the right person :)

• D. I wanna have a kid when I'm like 24 or 25. Once I get a job and am out of college

• well I take that back. get pregnant while in college, have the kid after I get out. Then after the kid turns one, put em in daycare and start working. Supposing I have a very supportive fiance

• LOLOLOLOL! PMSL ! GREAT comeback!

• Im almost 20 and I definitley don't plan on having kids anytime soon. I not far from a kid myself and I have a long way to go before I'm ready to have some. Maybe when I'm in my late 20s ill be ready.