Have you moved on from your first love?

well basically I'm just writing this to reassure people who are still hung up on their first loves their is light at the end of the tunnel.

We were together 3 years and I never thought I would ever get over him even though he had broke my heart a few times and done some pretty nasty things to me I still worshiped this guy.

Its now been 4 months since the initial split and 3 weeks since we have spoke and since I havn't spoke to him and had the distance I should of had a long time ago I have opened my eyes and realized I deserved more. This guy has never gave me closure which I have seeked for along long time but instead I gave it to myself by deciding I am worth more and in my mind we are done and I'm moving on.

Things which helped me have been:

cutting contact (no texts to see how each other are provides false hope cut him out fb, phone, hide pics etc.)

Talk it out (friends, family whoever talk about the situation, the more you talk about it its kind of self soothing and the more you listen to yourself the more you realize you don't want someone who isn't sure if they want you and doesn't apprechaite your worth.

accepting the relationship is over (the MOST important piece of advice I can ever give, this is what stopped me from moving on, don't think in your mind they are ever coming back, easier if they have hurt you think of everything they have done and decide they don't deserve you back even if they wanted to)

listing everything you want to accomplish (I have wrote a list of all the things I want to accomplish, and things I could never do before when I was with him and slowly ticking these off has boosted my confidence loads)

I hope these pieces of advice can help someone to feel better after a tough breakup, as I am finally doing! the freedom of moving on from someone feels amazing :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have definitely moved on. It might be harder then someone you just like but time will always help. I was actually engaged to my first love but he left me for a drink I had. Long story short we had a past of him thinking I hid things. Well I found out after the relationship that he had emotionally abused me and changed me into someone I wasnt. Realizing what he did made it easy for me to not love him anymore but left me to deal with the pain of emotional abuse. I have actually someone else now and fell in love with him but he is completely different. Lets just say we will still be best friends even if we break up.

What Guys Said 1

• yes, like with 20 girls ago, lol

What Girls Said 5

• yes, it was 2 years of drama. at the time I was young and naive and I thought he was the only guy I could ever love. he did some horrible things to me and it took me 8 months to officially get over him because I met someone new.

• A long long time ago.

• Definitely.

• Yes. Breaking up with my first love was of one the best decisions of my life. After I broke up with him I moved to a new country! continued my education, met a lot of interesting people. Now I'm dating someone far more interesting than him.

Good luck :)

• yes & no. I will never forget him & he will always have a special place in my heart, but I realize it is over, & I'm ready to find someone new.