Would you date a girl or guy that is older then you?

would you date a girl or guy that is older then you this 21 year old woman likes me and I'm 18 I know its legal but is it weird to be with someone who is older then you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not weird at all my boyfriend is 6 years older than me

• and how old are you if you don't mind me asking like if you were 16 or 17 and with a 20 or 23 year old man I would have a problem with that for anyone

• good for you :)

What Girls Said 6

• yeah, I would. and your age gap isn't bad.

• As a 20 year old female, I will date someone 2 or less years younger and up to 5 years older.

• i sapose that seems reasonable sense your 20

• "i SUPPOSE that seems reasonable SINCE YOU'RE 20."

As a 21 year old, I don't think that will change. I have been interested in people younger than 18 (don't report me -_-) but would'nt date them. Do you like her? Are you worried about what others will think if you date her? I hope she likes you sincerely and not just because you are "fresh meat."

• lol sorry I didn't mean it like that I guess its just a change I've always dated a girl my age or 1 year younger or 1 or year older and a little about what people think I don't want people to say to her why are you dating an 18 year old guy or my friends saying that about a 21 year old woman but mabe its all in my head and she's a lot more experince then me in some things but I'm not saying I wouldn't date her its just I don't know like I said it will be a change but ill see how it goes lol

• People do think it's weird.. it's legal in Australia I'm 16 and the guy I'm dating is 23. I'm too scared to let my parents know lol. But I like him a lot and we're having a good time together (=:

• I only date guys that are older than me. I wouldn't date a guy younger than me.

• I prefer older guys.

• Yeah it's not a big of a deal if they're older than me, as long as they aren't as old as my parents or their generation lol. I think it's fine.

What Guys Said 4

• A few years older yes I would be fine with. I'm 21 so about 25 would seem normal and not weird at all.

• wat if the girl was 35 would the age matter

• No 35 would seem weird to me. I did say a few years so I only think 25-26 would be my max. If a couple are too far apart in age they are at a completely different point in life and they may have troubles relating to each other. And then there's the whole issue of maturity. But regardless I wouldn't go for a 35 year old I'm way too young.

• Yeah I already dated a 24 year old even though she told me she was younger...

• yeah I would not mind

• No.It's not weird. I dated older women. They are beautiful but from the ones that I have known they seem like they are kinda angry at the world.