Girls: Would you date a guy on anti-depressants?

I'm on anti-depressants for anxiety. Let me clarify that I can go without them, and have for a while. But, my quality of life is better on anti-depressants. Off of them, I have a general sense of constant anxiety that drags down my mood. It's not terrible, and many people don't notice much of a difference off vs on anti-depressants, but I feel much better on them.

On them, I'm able to be my quirky, joking self without constant anxiety. Let me just say again, that I can function without anti-depressants, and many people don't notice much of a difference on vs off them, but I feel much better on them, and feel like my quality of life is better. I'm on a low dosage as it is. I still do other things to help myself, like eating healthy and exercising every day. I just want to see what you all thought...

• Yeah, I would, doesn't matter
  • No, I would not.
  • It depends on the person and situation
  • Other (please explain) or just want to see results

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm really productive, well liked and socially active and I'm on them for panic attacks. People have no idea. So, yeah ... I understand.

What Girls Said 8

• I know a couple of people on anti-depressents. The side-effects are waaaaay worse

Suicidal tendencies, erectile dysfunction,skin rashes, weight gain, headaches, low

libido... why not rather try to increase your exercise? Endorphins is just as good!

I don't know. I'd think twice about using anti-depressents...and/or dating someone who does take it.

• The drug I'm on doesn't contribute to sexual dysfunction, it works in a different way. And besides, I'm on a low dosage, so it's just like a little boost.

• There are many other men and women in your shoes. Anti-Depressants saved my life. The trick is finding the right person who understands you, understands how these can help make your life better, and understand that by making the choice to take them was a hard decision, but one that needed to be made. I think it's great that you did make that choice, and you recognized how they help you. There is nothing wrong with you improving your life.

• It honestly doesn't bother me. I don't think people realize just how many others are on anti-depressants and other meds. It's not something crazy, and it's completely manageable. It wouldn't bother me at all if my partner was on anti-depressants (or other psych meds) provided he managed his condition to the best of his ability.

• It really depends, he would have to be a guy that doesn't complain about it though. I grew up in house were complaining wasn't allowed. Otherwise, if he was cool to be around, I think it would okay.

• That will depend on the guy , how bad his situation is and how much I like him.

• What do you think of my situation? Does it sound that bad?

• It doesn't seem o bad.

• I wouldn't have any problem with it.

• Wait, you're from Ireland? Aren't you guys rioting lol?

• That's in the North, I'm from the midlands. xD

• I'd date a guy on them as long as he had it under control, I don't know if I would marry a guy on them though. It's a silly reason but anxiety/depression runs heavy on my dad's side of the family. I was lucky not to get much of it, but I know our kids would definitely have issues with depression or anxiety if I were to marry someone with the same issues they have.

• It's definitely not a big deal.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm on anti-depressants among other meds and people don't notice it about me.. I have a lot of friends and a social life. People act like everybody on meds like that should be in a looney bin but in reality it isn't like that.. You shouldn't worry about it man.

• My mum is in your shoes, she's on anti-depressants. There are problems, but really, when she's on the meds there aren't any at all and they really have no side effects. I'd so date you =]