I joined a dating site, but I'm not really interested in dating?

How can I explain this in a way that still lets people contact me to chat a little? I joined spur of the moment, just to talk to new people. I don't really want to start going out every night or anything.

I'm not against dating eventually .. but I'd like to get to know some people on the internet before wasting a bunch of time going on dates I don't want to go on...

Most Helpful Guy

• thats what a dating site is for, is to date. If you want to meet new people and chat with them, join something like this

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should find a new way in meeting new people. Guys that join dating sites are there because they want a girlfreind. Also, men don't like to chat if there won't be a reward afterwards.

What Girls Said 1

• You could write in your profile, "I'm just looking to chat online, not meet in person," or something like that?