I'm 16 years old and still 5'8", advice?

I think I'm pretty good looking but I'm short! I'm a junior in high school, driving a car, and I went to my sister (12 years) new school and all the freaking kids were either as tall as me or taller! Thing is, do you girls really not like a guy who's short?

Most Helpful Girl

• 5'8 isn't so terribly short

What Girls Said 9

• Usually I go for taller guys but really it shouldn't make a difference how tall you are. My boyfriend is short he's maybe 5'4'' ish and I am 5'8'' but it doesn't get to me since he's an amazing person. I care much more about his personality than how tall he is and we are both 23.

Also don't let your height get you down guys grow until their in their mid-20's and girls stop around 20.

• Girls don't feel good about being taller than their guy but if your 5'8 that's fine...im 5'6 and that means I could still wear heels and be fine xD...i probably wouldn't date someone who is 5'5 or 5'4 tho...sorry...

• Your not that short

• I am a 5'8" woman and that's tall because I realize when I go on dates a lot of the guys are shorter than I am or my height. Don't worry the average woman is 5'7". You will be tall enough for a lot of women.

• I'm 5'5, thanks for making me feel better about it. Yup! I'm done.

• lol you're half a foot taller than me. that's tall. don't stress.

• If you're taller than me I consider it tall, and you're taller than me...

• You will grow.

• Why do you need Help?

What Guys Said 4

• Not everyone is going to be 6'0'' or taller.

I understand your insecurity about being short, and how girls prefer tall guys. That fact has been well established. The good news is, most girls are still shorter than you, so you have nothing to worry about.

• 5 8" is just about the average height of a guy

• Life is rough, eh?

• No, but it really hinders your abilities. I'm 5"8.