Dating as College Freshman?

My first day of college is coming up this week and I was wondering how weird would it be if during college, I just went up to a girl, introduced myself, and asked to buy her coffee?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird to just go up to someone and introduce yourself at the beginning of the year...maybe give her your number if you seem to get along to hang out some time and suggest getting coffee. It's not that weird to give your number to someone you just met when you first go to college because everyone is trying to meet new people and make friends.

What Girls Said 5

• It's not weird at all. That's what dating is like outside of high school.

• I think you should ask her if she wants to go get some coffee with you, and if she says yes, pay for it when you get to the checkout. It'll be nice and unexpected that way. :)

• Try it and find out.

• It wouldn't be weird, I'm in college and I had guys come up to me before. It depends if this girl is a freshman like you then she might be weird-ed out. But if its someone older, she'll gladly accept the coffee offer =)

• that's pretty normal

What Guys Said 1

• You might want to talk to her more, but why not give it a try? Everybody early in college is trying to get to know people.