Do you give an accurate representation of yourself online?

Or is it merely a shard of your personality? Assuming your answers and/or questions reflect something about you. I think it could portray who we want to be. Also noting the use of fake photos...it does make me wonder what the users on here are actually like in real life.

Most Helpful Girl

• My persona on here certainly doesn't represent ALL aspects of my personality, but what I do show is completely accurate and true to who I am as a person. =]

What Guys Said 11

• I'm very quiet IRL, but what I say on here is an accurate portrayal of what I would say to someone face-to-face. I can also be goofy or random IRL, but I don't much to that online... I think the questions we answer do reflect on who we are, but I don't care if someone uses fake photos, I hear Anonymous is good at that...

• The people I personally know use fake or super edited photos...just like on dating sites

• Absolutely 100% of who I truly am! I am not ashamed of how God made me and I think its pretty silly to pretend your something that you really aren't, whether you pretend online or in person just grow up and accept and be unashamed of who you are :)

• Btw I also never fix or adjust pictures, all my pictures are what I look like in person unedited, lol except the blue cross, I just like that cause it looks cool ha ha :D

• I mean, I'm completely myself on here, but I don't share all parts of me. What I do share is totally real, though. Pretty scary shit, right? LOL

• It is all accurate yes. I've never seen the appeal in fake photos, people will realize and judge you negatively for it.

• My GirlsAskGuys persona is a disdainful and comic characterisation of my real personality. My first few months of being here were pretty accurate though. =]

• Sometimes

• Yes! I do, actually!

• Depending on how my day is and what's going on at home...yes.

• Im myself.

• it potrays the real me not caring abt what others might think because of being anonymous

• But doesn't being anon sort of cancel out that whole "not caring what people think" mindset in a way?

• it kinda of does and does not, it will simply depend

What Girls Said 6

• I prefer not to give away too much information about myself (prepare for grown-up boring answer) because I know there are sites, cookies and what-have-you that track my data.The result is that my image is mysterious and aloof. Or maybe just vague.

For the people I attempt to advise though, I try to write well enough to project my personality.

Regarding other people, I often wonder who's sitting and staring at the other screen. Occasionally, I'll look through profiles of people I've come to favor to be sorely disappointed by their lack of description. Guess I can't complain - pot calling the kettle black and all.

Humans are interesting creatures, unless they're that WoW guy from South Park. Gross.

• i always keep it real on here.
    i will say this. i present the foundations of myself on the site. as for the more complex parts, those can't be expressed through an online connection. the best way to get to know someone like me is through a face to face interaction. i couldn't express some parts of me here, even if i tired.

• Yes, I give an accurate representation of who I am online and at all times.

I feel that everyone I meet online will sooner or later drop out of my life. So what's the point of trying to impress them? That's really how I feel about everyone to be honest. I feel like 3/4s of the people I will ever see in my entire life will have a temporary place there, so why should I try to please and impress them? Especially considering that, good people who are worth impressing are hard to find anyway. Most of the time, they're not even worth the effort of impressing. It's harsh, but it's true. Faking who you are, online and in reality, repels people who are correct for you. Not only that, but do you really want to be loved and excepted for someone you're not? What's it going to be like for that other person when that mask finally comes off and they feel like they're looking at a stranger? You can't stop that mask from coming off. If there's something inside of you, it will come out, somehow, some way sooner or later, it will come to the surface.

So yes, I am myself at all times. I don't care who likes me, I don't care what people have to say about me. At least I promote my individuality :)

• I don't post pictures online a forum like this because I think it's very unwise. My attitude is 'Why do these strangers need to know what I look like? Why do these people whom will only be as much apart of my life as I choose to make them, need to know what I look like? They don't." I feel that as a girl, it is more risky for us to post pictures. There are a lot of weirdos and creepers out there who will do creepy things with your picture.

• i don't give out heapss of details, but I allways tell the truth! got nothing to be ashamed of..

• True about me, except my age is listed as alittle older than I really am, by mistake.

• pretty accurate