Guys, what makes you sit next to a girl on the very first day of class?

Now, I'm not considered to be a stereotypically pretty girl by any means ( in referenece to my mother). I am in fact actually kind of considered average looking and some high school girls may consider me to look a bit nerdy...

If you were a college student and had to sit next to somebody on the first day of class, who would you choose to sit next to?

It seems like people gravitate towards sitting next to me on the first day of classes...

Most Helpful Guy

• What each man likes in a girl he sits down next to, will be different. It might be that your body language is letting guys feel comfortable around you. You sound really humble, so you body language most likely makes men feel comfortable, or at the very least is not intimidating to these men. Also I suspect you are hotter than you realize. Or maybe you just pick really good seats.

• i tend to sit in the way front. I'm a nerd, like I said.

• what body language would that be? playing with hair or smiling?

• I am talking about body language that just looking relaxed and friendly. Smiling, looking at people when they walk by, things like that. As oppose to a girl that looks upset, or like she is trying to ignore everyone. I am not talking about body language that is considered flirting, like playing with your hair. I did a quick search and found this that talks a little about body language. link Maybe not the best source, but it gives an idea of what I am saying.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't usually sit by girls

• well then why did you answer the question? there's no pt

• Yeah there is I was answering why with I don't if I am next to girl there is no reason for it.

• They want to copy off you.

• I am changing school this year, and I am going with a friend, I have plans to sit next to a pretty girl, or maybe my friend depends how I am feeling that day. So, maybe they/he sat next to you because they/he found you good looking.

• I have the opposite problem. I'm usually one of the first people in the classroom, and if there's any open seats when everyone arrives, they WILL be right next to me. This has proven true through most of high school and all of college so far.

I actually had a chemistry class of about 450 people, and the entire room was filled except for the seat next to me. Another girl came in and sat on the floor. I'm not even joking.

• Wow... Maybe you're too good looking? Or somehow appear unapproachable?

• same here. always happen. ]=

• I feel the same way, but no that bad. I can't believe she sat on the floor lol, maybe she didn't see the seat.

• well if she was attractive to me that would draw me to her at first. then it is basically body language like other guy said if her arms are crossed, she is looking down then she won't seem aproachable.

• I usually sit between the back, but if there is a "pretty girl" sitting there by herself. I would sit next to her.

can you answer my question? link

What Girls Said 1