Kissed a friend - did I mistake the sign?

Sticky situation now...here's the story:

We are both married and our kids play together. One night I went to pick up the kids from friends house and decided to let them play longer and had some wine with guy and his wife. My husband and I really like them and we've hung out quite a bit. The friend (guy) and I always seem to have a littler flirtation going, but not when the other spouses are present. Or, at least that's what I thought. I definitely have a crush on him, and from things he says to me when others aren't around, I thought it was mutual. We've both been married for a long time.

As I was leaving, he walked the kids and I to the door. We always hug good bye, and it seems like it's always a strong, longish hug. Nothing unusual this time, except that while we were saying our long hug he pursed his lips like a kiss. I gave him a quick peck. Now, he won't even look at me or talk to me. Our kids have played together, and unlike before when he would always talk and be cool with me, he now looks away. I think he's mad at me. I thought I was just responding to what he initiated, but now I'm wondering if he didn't really do that with his lips, and I was too tipsy and mistook the hug because that's what I really wanted. He's still cool with my husband, and hasn't said anything to him. I don't think he told his wife, because she and I talk like nothing is up. Did I mistake the sign? Did I imagine it? What do I do now?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Well he's married so yeah I think you should just stop befroe it turns into more

• I know there's nothing there, and stopping is correct - but my question is about whether or not I mistook the signs, and what I should do now to repair the friendship?