Experience with dating a military guy?

Most of my friends and people tell me army guys can be huge dbags and really big-headed, cause they're 'in the army' it makes them some sort of 'gods' and they feel like they're better than anyone else... with their uniforms and training they think they can win over any girl

What do you think about this? ever had any experience with army guys? dating wise, friend wise, anything? cause there's this guy I like, he's in the army and he can be a little... OK more than 'a little' big headed sometimes and I was wondering if they're all like that, or most of them at least

Most Helpful Girl

• That is actually the complete opposite. Guys in the military are the most polite guys I have ever known. They are very respectful and caring. My best friend's man is in the military and she is really happy with him and I have seen with my own eyes how nice he is. Guys in the military are very responsible and take family very seriously. My cousin is also married to someone in the military and she is so happy with him. I have met him many times and have never met someone so polite. From what I have seen, military guys are really descent people but there are good and bad in every genre so to speak.

What Guys Said 2

• Thats why you should go for us Air Force guys (;

• hehe yeah you guys sound so much more humble :P

• lol you got me there. I was just joking though. And I have a lot of Army friends some of them are really full of themselves but a lot of them are just putting on a show in front of the other guys.

As far as feeling better than everyone else sometimes its just a defense mechanism because they feel like non-military people understand them

• It's not so much that the army makes them like that, it's that people like that are attracted to the army. That being said, there are plenty of chill people in the military.

What Girls Said 2

• YES my neighbor is from the army and so is his wife they think their so hot just cause thier in the army. They go around bragging to everyone on how they know all this classifyed info that they can't tell us cause. I'm like OK congrats to u. They think thay look so hot in their uniform when it really looks hideious IMO. But I have met military, airforce, marines and navy guys that were total sweet hearts. so I guess it's just an arm thing, at leas what I have experienced it's an army thing.

• aa very helpful information, thanks :)

• I don't have any friends in the Army, but I have some in the Marines. My boyfriend, his brother and my brother are in the Marines and they aren't dbags.