Dating advice- he keeps talking about his ex!

Over this past weekend, I met a guy at a party. We talked a little and eventually we got in touch the other night. He seems like a nice guy and would be fun to hang out, except there's a catch- he has not once, but TWICE has mentioned his ex girlfriend.

He mentioned how beautiful she was during a conversation at the party and even in the messages we exchanged with each other over text! I'm not sure if I should just move past this and give the guy a chance or just leave it be :/ He has gone as far as to say that they talked a couple weekends ago and she basically told him how she was unfaithful and how he loved her blah blah. :/ Any and all advice is much appreciated :] thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• that would be a huge turn off for me. I would start to gradually see/talk to him less and less or cold turkey if you want. let him put forth the effort to try and initiate conversations and dates. if he doesn't try that hard then he's obviously not over his ex. if he tries to keep in contact often then maybe he will start to put his ex past him and focus on you. give him another chance down the line if you want but don't keep your hopes up. 3 strikes and he's out. lol.

• Great advice! We haven't talked much so I guess he want over her. ohs wells

What Guys Said 6

• I was gonna say he might just be mentioning her to show "hey, look, I've dated and have been committed, I'm good dating material" but reading that he talks about how beautiful she is? Chances are she's still on his mind a lot and he wants to be with her. Ah well. Guessing at this point you've moved on from him/

• I did. I actually spoke to him a couple nights ago and found out he is not my type. Thank you, your are absolutely right :)

• Yeah, I don't know how any one can do that and walk away without feelings hurt. I've never been able to understand it either :/

• I don't understand how they can't feel like a weak whore :| it's just not how I can accept sex being. It's more meaningful to me than just with anyone.

• he's not over her

• sounds like a real keeper...so classy and considerate, a real winner, honestly.

• Yeah id say to not bother with him. Only time I have ever brought up any of my exes were for examples of what bad things they have done to me.

• Yeah you need to avoid this guy like the plague. Unless you want to turn into his crying shoulder. At best this would be his rebound, but he doesn't even sound like he's at that stage yet.

• Yeah, I see that happening. The mention of her even at a party was kind of awkward :/

• No kidding, that's usually the first red flag for me. And about the time I start planning an exit strategy from the conversation. If I ask, that's one thing (even though I don't see a reason I would), but casually volunteering information about someone you are clearly thinking about is definitely shooting yourself in the foot.

• Agreed! Ugh, the dating life -_-

• He ain't over her if he still brings her up. That's a good sign it may be best to find someone else to date.

What Girls Said 0