What should I do about an old PG-13 fling?

Okay there's this cute guy that I used to have a thing with...he worked with me and we would occasionally make out when we were on break or I would visit him when he was working...We really liked each other and then one day I realized I didn't like the empty feeling of making out but not being involved with said person. I didn't trust to see him outside of working environment and I called it off...Then he got fired for a stupid reason but we hardly talk anymore. Now he visits work a lot to see me and acts like he wants to have an actual relationship with me. He's 5 years older and I don't like him like that anymore...don't get me wrong he's an amazing friend and person to laugh with but I don't want to be in a relationship with him...How do I tell him I just want to be friends nicely? AND I don't want to just say "We can still to be friends" because I know guys hate that and it sounds kinda cliché.

When I look back at this relationship, he was one of the sweetest guys and had the best boyfriend material I could have found. I was about 16 or 17 and didn't know what I had. I was immature and was afraid. Now of course, he's taken and I'm so happy for him but sometimes I feel regretful and I wish we had another chance now that I'm older and appreciate what he did for me more. I guess I will take just being friends though. If that is all we will ever be, I'll be happy with that. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him the truth. You could say something like "I'd just prefer to be friends for the moment and see how things turn out" or something along those lines. You have to be honest with him though, don't "beat around the bush" because that will just end up hurting his feelings and possibly leading him on.

Look, I hope this helps and that it all works out for you too.

Just be honest.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0