Rebound Relationships for Men

Do you consider a man getting into a committed relationship with another girl, after breaking up from a long term relationship (girl) after 4 months apart a rebound relationship? Or. Have you just moved on & forgotten your long term relationship girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Moved on, but didn't forget. And not a rebound.

What Guys Said 5

• It all depends on how he treats you and how he acts - NOT the amount of time that has passed.

Some people heal faster than others, some's scars never fully close.

• 4 months? Not a rebound imo.

He more than likely hasn't forgotten about the relationship, but sounds like he has moved on.

• a rebound relationship happens in the first or second month after a break up, don't blame the guy for it though, the sudden loss of that girl that they cuddle, and spend a lot of time with, causes them to find a substitute, one of which may be way below their usual standard.

hope I helped <3

• This is what has happened she is plain but not ugly & overweight. His only ever dated attractive girls that exercise, eat right & 100 to 110 lbs, she is aprox. 160, 5 ft not eye candy. Our personalities are both upbeat & friendly. Good for me on her looks but I don't get it. Long terms can be stale at times. Thank you

• no problem, I've been in the situation, I was so distraught when I lost my ex, I went straight into another relationship, with a girl that I would never usually go for, she's just not my type, it happens, it may surprise you, but men take break ups very very hard, they may not show it, but it hits them, very hard, I spent many nights crying because I loved her so much and she 'just didn't feel that way about me anymore'

• why do a lot of girls think about this kinda thing negatively. It's fine really

• from chinese views,I will moved on ,I have no girl but I like make a girl frend and I won't let her get hurt

...this guy so suck...

What Girls Said 2

• Reeks eau de rebound...

• It is completely dependent on whether the guy is over her or not. If he compares you to her, talks about her wistfully, wishing things had worked out, well he is not over her and I would not want to date a guy in that situation.

My fiance was about a month or two out of his 10-year relationship when he asked me out. But, they had been off and on during those 10 years, he had even had another relationship in the middle that gave him his son, and he had really been trying to make things work with her and she was making his life miserable. Emotionally he was completely over her when he split.