People of religion, are you flexible with dating people from other religions? What about atheists?

Whats your religion flexibility when it comes to dating. Do they have to share the same religion, other religions? Which religion would you not date people from?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say I'm "religious" but I'm a bit of a fruit loop with some of my beliefs.

I don't care what my potential partners beliefs are, so long as he doesn't try and change my own.

• Agreed. Fruit loop lol!

• I would have said 'hippie' but I always think of unshaved armpits when I say that word. So I avoid it at all costs. Fruit loop works! :)

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not an atheist but I'm not religious either. I have my own beliefs. I'd rather date somebody else who wasn't religious and even better who had a similar mindset to mine (which my boyfriend does yay!) but it's not a deal breaker if someone is religious. As long as they don't try to force their beliefs on me it doesn't matter. Unless they're a satanist and into sacrificing animals or something lol

• I'm catholic and I believe in all of it and everything, but I'm totally flexible. I actually dated an atheist...but how I see it is, if you don't try to change my beliefs, I won't try to change yours :)

• Yes, I 'm flexible. but he can't push his religion on me or criticize me for believing in what I believe in

• I'm Lutheran and would highly prefer someone who has the same religious beliefs, but I'm not against dating someone who isn't a lutheran. I would date a christian, but not other religions or lack thereof (athiest, Muslim, etc) My religion is a part of my life and I would like someone to share that with and go to church with, so having very differing views isn't something I could live with.

What Guys Said 4

• Any girl who believes in gods or allows some book to control her life & define for her what's appropriate, won't be comfortable dating me. She would dislike everything I do, my whole lifestyle, the books I read, the way I think, the shows I watch, the music I play/listen to, the way I view the world, the friends I have, my decisions, etc...

I wouldn't want to date a religious person, either. People say it's a personal choice and it shouldn't affect anything in the relationship, but I think that's nonsense. Every single thing is against dating a religious person, our brains, our backgrounds, our interests, our opinions, our beliefs, etc... I even keep the friendship very formal between me and them. It doesn't matter if they respect my beliefs and I respect theirs, because respect is not the issue here.

I know the question wasn't directed at us atheists, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. :)

• ahh don't worry, I'm sure people who are logical and intelligent enough to believe in god wouldn't want to date you

• It doesn't matter what you label it, it makes no difference to me. I disagree with the things religious people believe in & vice versa. Therefore, I wouldn't like to be close to any of them, I don't see anything positive coming out of that. Religions are ideologies, they're the reason for most of the things you do, whether you admit it or not.

• You got defensive over my answer & insulted my intelligence, while I didn't disrespect you or any religious person at all. I just said I wouldn't like to date a religious girl & she probably wouldn't, either. In fact I tried to start talking about her not wanting to date me, before I mentioned how I feel towards the matter.

Anyway, I'm not into religion discussions. I'm here to answer questions, sorry if you didn't like mine, I was merely stating my opinion.

• As far as religion goes, as long as they're Christian, I'm good. I won't date the more submissive Christian women because it makes me feel like some kind of wifebeater just to be near them.

Being of another religion, or of none at all, is a deal breaker for me. However, my friendship circle is very multicultural. Some of my best friends are atheists.

• most women I've met who I've told I'm an atheist don't care... and for the religious nuts they're usually broken and only worth a pump and dump

• As long as they respect the fact that I am an atheist, I can respect someone from any religion I have ever heard about.