Would you date a girl who has had anorexia, guys?

theres the question...you can slip back into anorexia at anytime, its a life long illness, so it would be an ongoing issue.

I just always wondered because many guys would not dump there girl/or not date a particular girl because she has diabetes so why is it so different for anorexia?

• No I would not date her
  • Yes I would, it wouldn't matter cos I love her
just to add I'm not anorexic, my sister is and her boyfriend just dumped her...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd try and help her through it, but if I care about her and love her and we get along, sure.

What Guys Said 8

• anoreixic is a bit of an issue unless it's probably brought up.

WHO DUMPS SOMEONE CUZ THEIR DIABETIC that;s harsh

• I would. It'd be something to work through but it's not a reason not to date her.

• depending on which type of diabetes you have you can't help it. You can prevent anorexia. Its your own fault for feeling like your fat.

• YOU MUST BE A TROLL OR INBRED.

good one.

• You are the most ignorant people.

• Go educate yourself, it's really not that hard to know that anorexia is a mental illness that can't be prevented and is incredibly hard to overcome. Here's a fun little statistic for you, 20% of sufferers will die. But of course, it's their fault because they feel fat

• yeah I would, if I had a thing for her and all that ofcourse, and I would try and help her fix the problem :)

• Naw. Mentally unstable girls are a turnoff

• im not going to even start about the fact you put mentally unstable in your comment boy!

• I hope you realise that many, many people are 'mentally unstable' and they simply don't know that because they haven't been diagnosed yet. I had anorexia and I beat it to the ground so if you consider me to be a weak, 'mentally unstable' girl even though i was strong enough to overcome a severe mental illness that nearly killed me then okay. I wouldn't want to date you anyway, lol

• I doubt it. I already don't like really skinny as is.

• okay that's fine :) thanks for your comment! take care.

• :) I would not dump a girl that develops it though.

• I want to give you a similar scenario. This at least appears to be similar to me.

Asking a guy if he would date an anorexic girl is like asking a girl if she would date a guy in jail.

***I AM NOT SAYING ANOREXIC GIRLS ARE LIKE GUYS IN JAIL, THIS IS JUST A COMPARISON. BE AN ADULT AND KEEP READING.

*presses anonymous button..

Ok, anorexia is something that can be a slippery slope in that it can start not super bad and end up being terrible. A girl can be average weight and not be super thin and thus hide the problem for a while. Similarly, a guy can have gone to jail for a night for fighting in a bar because he is protecting a girlfriend or something. Anywho, it can be a very slight case and not something to worry about.

Where as if you are referring to anorexic as, the girl is 5 foot 6, and 80 pounds, then it is very bad sounding. Similarly, a guy can have gone to jail for robbing a home and shooting 4 children and the parents in the process. So these are both very undesirable situations. The girl could have been forced into it by a mental disorder or whatever reason. (I don't want to argue the birthing of anorexia here). And the man could have been forced to steal to feed his family, and shot children to protect himself from the man who owns the home. (yes, I know my story is a stretch)

Anyway, these are extreme situations. This question cannot be answered without giving much more info into the situation and how bad it is.

Would I date a girl who has anorexia? I might start without knowing she has it? Would I date a girl who shoplifts? I might do so without knowing she does that as well.

Would a boy date a girl who is so anorexic and in danger that she is in the hospital every month? Now THAT is an entirely different scenario!

• Well, the up-side would be taking her out on a dinner date would be pretty cheap ...

• AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAHH

• can't believe people are laughing. Did you know that many anorexics binge eat and some even have days dedicated to binging. Hahaha, it would suck to take her out for dinner on a binge day.

What Girls Said 5

• I think a guy who dates an anorexic girl should try to help her towards respecting her body.

• I've struggled with an eating disorder and at the really really bad times I would NOT date myself...so I would understand a guy not being able to deal with it

• how is a mentl illness anything like organ failure?

• example lol..

• well from what I can tell having diabetes is still boy repellent. that's why I don't make it obvious I have it. also you can still be perfectly healthy and have diabetes just so you know.

• i know hun, I'm diabetic that's why I used it as an example :')

• I struggle with anorexia and i think that if a boy wouldn't date me because i was like that then it would make me feel like im even more worthless than i already do. I think boys should be there to help a girl through it, not to pick on her about it. i have had boys out my secret because i broke up with them because they were rude, and they said "oops i outed you little secret. Dont be that boy. help her through it.

• probably guys can be so shallow... hatin on girls with a bit of ass

• OH GOD ITS THE F***ING WELFARE GUY