At what point are you "stood up" for a date?

I had a guy state that we should meet up on Friday for drinks. He said he would call me that day to decide where but never did. To me, I me, I got stood up, but my friends seem to think that I didn't because we didn't have a set date and time. Any thoughts? Was I stood up?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you were stood up. Stood up is when you actually go there and they don't show or you're on your way there and they suddenly stop talking to you. I wouldn't jump to conclusions though, ask him what happened but don't jump at the first chance to hang out with him again.

What Guys Said 3

• i waited over ah hour for a woman once. She claimed the time was vague but it was a fixed time. Sort of a hippy chick so I let it go.

If people say they'll call about getting together on a certain day, they're just impolite if they don't call. I wouldn't call that 'stood up.

You just assume they are not calling by that day and make other plans. You don't wait all day Friday for them to call!

• that's not being stood up. that's just rude

• No dummy that's not what "stood up" means. You're stood up when you actually go to the place you're supposed to meet and he/she doesn't show up.

What he did to you is cancel without saying. In fact, you guys never had real plans to begin with.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think he technically stood you up. Yes that was very disappointing, but he did not stand you up. There was no set time. He was just inconsiderate and didn't call you when he said he would . If you are still interested, give him a call and say something like "Hey, I was waiting for a call on Friday but I guess you were busy. Would Wednesday for drinks at *this bar* be good? I wo.uld really like to get to know you better, let me know by tomorrow afternoon if that works for you.

That is being direct and asking what you want. It also gives him a set time in which to get back to you. If he does not get back to you after that, give up on him. He doesn't respect your time.

I have been stood up and avoided before. Sometimes a guy doesn't want to hurt a girl's feelings directly. So instead of coming out and telling you honestly that he either wants to or doesn't want to see you, he decides to just avoid you and hope you will get the hint. Guys like that are not worth your time. I had a guy like that once. The at the first meeting went well, and he seemed to be OK with me. So I asked for the next date, and he said yes to it. But then texted me that day to tell me he was not going to make it. I can see that as being stood up, because there was a set time and day for it. I realize people get busy but if he does this more than once, I would give up. Some people do not respect other peoples time and feelings.

• No you weren't stood up.

You're stood when you show at a specified place at a specified time & he doesn't.

You were brushed off.

• no that's not being stood up. He eithier got busy or didn't really wanna go. Being stood up is setting up a time and day and showing up and then not having him show up. After you both said you would be there.

• What happened to you was that you got some loose plans and the guy didn't follow through with them. You didn't get stood up.