Texting or calling, which is better?

I went on a date with a guy that I meet through an online website. We emailed back and forth for a few weeks before I gave him my number. He called me the first time and we set up a date. The date went well, we got dinner and after he asked if I wanted to get drinks. The next day he knew I was doing something and he text me saying he hoped I had a good time. I was pretty sure he would call me the next evening. But when he didn't around 9 at night, I was debating whether to call him, text him, or wait for him to contact me. I was too nervous to call so I just text him seeing how his weekend was. He responded and we said we will hang out soon. I like talking on the phone better than texting, I feel like I probably should have called him because I don't want him to think I only text. I was just nervous. Do you think texting was wrong to do? And what do you perfer?

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer calling for a conversation and texting for quick little flirtations or updates.

What Guys Said 4

• Texting sucks. I don't do it. Won't do it. Disabled the option on my carrier plan.

Voice conveys so much more information than text.

What's better for him? Couldn't tell you.

• taxting is for kinds, better is calling :)

• calling is always more personal, but it's inconvenient sometimes

• To be honest, I like talking on the phone better as well, but it seems like a lot of people now-a-days like texting more. If you don't mind texting back and forth, then it might be a better option and then move onto calling?

Here's Micheal Fiore's site, he talks all about texting "game": link

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't matter to me. But I would rather prefer having a conversation on the phone. Besides the boy I'm interested in, takes forever to text back. I but when he calls every night he has plenty to say. :)