Should I forgive him?

There was this guy that I was interested in (at the time he was also a very dear friend) one of our mutual friends told me that he was also interested so I told him how I felt. We had a few dates and I thought it was going good. Then I was having some friends over one night and decide to invite him cause I wanted him to know all my friends that I was close too, he met them and my parents extra. Finally when the night was over he told me he had a great time and we planned to see each other before he went on vacation for three weeks. Then two days before we planned to hang out he told me that it wasn't going to work out, when I asked why he said he recently discovered he had feelings for another girl. Then he used the age old line 'it's not you, it's me.' then he said good bye, all that on fb. I'm pretty peeved but he was a good friend, should I forgive him?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a matter of forgiving him -- he's a nice guy and told you up front rather than playing you. Sure, he could have been less cowardly and told you to your face, but still honest.

What would you forgive him for? Not starting anything when he wasn't ready? I know the rejection may hurt, but it's something you just have to let go of. Don't push this or he won't be a friend either.

What Guys Said 3

• yes.. finally a guy who does the right thing and doesn't play women, and you think you shouldn't forgive him... what was the alternative, him juggeing you and the other girl?

Yessss he should of done it face to face, but he's probably distraught... he feels bad. or he's young... but either way say thank you for him not wasting your time.

• Yeah. He could have strung you along and possibly cheated on you with the other girl.

But he didn't.

He was upfront, and called things off as soon as he realized he wasn't going to be able to make it work.

• yeah I agree with belgie, he could've lead you on, but instead he chose to be honest about it. and that age old line is age old because sometimes its actually true.

What Girls Said 0