Online daters: How often do you date people you find physically unattractive?

I find most of my prospects unattractive -- how much time do I need to spend going out with people I do not find attractive? I got so sick of doing this in real life that I stopped dating completely.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never. What is the point of going on a date with someone you would never want to get naked with, to put it bluntly?

I get tired of the PC chant that beauty is on the inside and we should focus only on that. It is simply not reality. Without that spark that comes from attraction, you really cannot make anything else happen. Heading into a relationship is where the inner beauty part comes into play. If we don't care for someone's personality or beliefs, we may think they are attractive but won't be able to see them as boyfriend or girlfriend material.

So, hang in there, and wait to meet someone you have a spark with versus dating those you don't.

• I don't think so ... I'm a little too old. Guys that can create a "spark" are gonna get a younger girl.

• Well not true. Guys that are attracted to younger girls are going to gravitate to them. My fiance is younger than me and good looking but he likes older women, not younger ones. We all have our pluses and minuses and it depends on what a guy is looking for as to who he will choose.

What Guys Said 2

• Is the problem that the pictures on their profiles appear attractive and then when you meet them they don't look anything like the pictures?

• Does that happen a lot?

• I don't know. Haven't really tried it. Just wondering if that's the issue or if you just found the pictures unattractive.

• i can't date someone I'm not attracted to, but there are plenty of attractive girls out there, the problem is finding one with a good personality/etc and favorable qualities that actually likes me

What Girls Said 3

• My ex, whom I was going to get married to, was physically unattractive in my opinion. I loved him very much though.

• if you are talking about physical attraction, I don't.. if there is one thing that has the nearest semblance of truth in online dating, it is their pictures... there is no way that one would post a picture that they would appear unattractive...

if you find them unattractive in their pictures, what more can you expect in person? ;)

• i am now and I can tell you, I can see why he's single.

• This made me laugh...