Dating in college, is it worth it?

My friends and I are starting college soon and we've already met a few cool guys at orientation a month ago. We've all talked to at least one of the guys about going out sometime. But is dating and having a relationship in college worth it? Or is it better to casually date and hook up with people?

Most Helpful Girl

• I aim to just have fun in college (regarding relationships)... whatever that entails.

What Guys Said 2

• Do whatever feels right for you. If you like somebody don't just break it off because you are supposed to do this in college. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do or vice versa.

• nah, dating in college can hold you back. especially your freshman year when you want to go out and party, meet people and not just be with him all the time.

What Girls Said 3

• Better to casually date & hookup.

The only thing that should be taken seriously in college is your grades.

• I started dating my boyfriend a week into my university experience and It been incredibly rewarding. Knowing that you have someone there is great but I also didn't go to a school with anyone I knew. He's been my friend and my companion in a constantly changing and frustrating environment.

• It depends on who you are dating. Some guys are worth dating in college and some others aren't.