Would it offend you if you you dated me would you be OK with an allowance?

Ladies would you be OK with a monthly allowance? Is that offensive to you and would make you feel like a kid?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oooh just enough to buy some sweets I hope.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't understand why you would give someone you're dating an allowance. If you're married and one person is out of work, it's one thing to give them money since they most likely won't have much of their own, but referring to it as an allowance would be insulting. Just dating though, it doesn't even seem appropriate to do that.

• I also don't understand giving your girlfriend an allowance. It sounds a lot like her being a "kept woman"

• a girlfriend=/=prostitute,if she earns money(from a JOB)-it's hers,if she doesn't earn any money-she's broke,you're not supposed to give her money

• my husband throws money in my purse or puts it in my wallet from time to time, he's done this since we started dating and I've never been offended by it at first I just thought it was a little odd though

• I'd be very offended. If you find a woman who isn't, you should run, not walk, run. Unless you like being used for you money.

• I actually love when a woman uses me for my money

• I just am not the biggest fan of stds :) (and hey Deb-psss psss this is a bs question and I am messing with you-you get your garage cleaned out yet? lol)

• Not yet, tomorrow is THE BIG CLEAN OUT! Come on down and help me! I'll give YOU an allowance. :D

• Enough to buy cookies? Yumm, its kinda odd & offensive :)

• I've never been big on accepting money like that from men, I always think there's something behind it...so I don't think I'd be offended, more so questioning your motives

• Yes, it's offensive. Yes, it would make me feel like a child.

But, it wouldn't be an issue. I will be sure to make my own money so that an 'allowance' isn't something I'd have to consider.

• that whole idea is somewhat degrading

• I don't know, maybe an older wealthy guy would feel the need to control his young not as rich wife's spending habits. That's how people thought about it

• Screw that. I'd rather be broke and have freedom/independence. Nice to see there are some normal men in the world :)

• Yes its fine if you were married to her, not dating

• I can provide for myself, thanks.

What Guys Said 1

• I hope you are kidding.