Why the short answers while texting guys?

Seriously, my sort of boyfriend and I text all of the time, and he is always saying "k" or "ok" or "sweet" or "cool"

and it just bugs the sh*t out of me!

Is this a sign that he's bored or is this just a guy thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember reading some relationship book, Venus/Mars thing or something like it. The author detailed how women have five times the mouth-to-brain connections that men have. During a typical day the average woman will use 3,500 words whereas guys use only 700. Guys communicate to convey information and get a point across, i.e., to the point; women communicate to convey emotions and feelings.

In short, it's just how we all are. Maybe your guy just doesn't like texting. Is he the same way on the phone?

• We never talk on the phone, his plan doesn't have minutes, just texting because it's the cheapest. lol So I don't know. But in person, he isn't like that.

What Guys Said 8

• Texting can really be a pain with some phones- it discourages long messages. We keep hitting the wrong buttons with our big fat fingers... the thing tries to guess what we want as we type and comes up with some ridiculous gibberish that we don't notice at first and have to go back to correct.. it can be so frustrating!

Why not ask him if he would rather chat real time?

• I don't say much in texts either, maybe because my cellphone plan sucks but I'd rather talk with my voice.

Also I usually say OK or cool, etc etc, when I can't really relate to what they're talking about. Like I wouldn't know what to say.

• It's probably just the way he texts - how guys communicate that way varies from person to person. I send decent-sized texts, but I'm a professional writer, so that's probably why. :-)

• "He doesn't want to text me back because he literally doesn't want to text or because he doesn't want to text me in particular"

Because he doesn't want to text. It's got nothing to do with you.

• It's a guy thing. We're not wired to communicate like girls are. There's a good chance he doesn't want to text back, but knows that'll p*ss you off so he just sends something.

• He doesn't want to text me back because he literally doesn't want to text or because he doesn't want to text me in particular?

• A lot of us just aren't texters. It probably has nothing to do with you.

• Yeah liek the others have said, guys aren't really the biggest texters unless it happens t obe like an emergency or situation going on but then again I would just call.

• i think it's a guy thing.

i do that a lot.

a lot of guys also hating text (while girls seem to love it).

maybe start calling him or gchatting/Facebook.

text conversations that last past a few minutes are annoying as hell.

What Girls Said 2

• It has happened with me and several guys. It really is pretty normal.

• he might not be the texting type. try calling