Why isn't there a girl code?

We have all heard of the bro code and most guys that I've met live by it when it comes to dating or sex with a girl that their friend likes or has dated.

Now I'm wondering why girls don't have this...I've had two friends go after a guy I like in front of me and talk me down in the guys eyes. Then later they say the guys says he was never into me so I don't have a right to be mad. But I would NEVER do this to any girl let alone one of my friends.

So girls where don't we actually have a code like this? and don't you think it would help?

Most Helpful Girl

• because girls do whatever they want anyway usually (the majority). I'd love to see a rulebook like that. only problem is not many females would follow it. guys on the other hand they have blind faith and loyalty. us girls let our emotions in the way when critical thinking needs to happen. and think about it, what is the best way to get back at someone you're pissed at or entirely p*ss off someone you don't like. sleep with the person they like. guys will mess with each others cars, and cut the power cable to the house and all sorts of stuff.

not to throw my gender under the bus. its sad but true.

• So true.

• i'm on your side though girl. there needs to be a female rulebook. chicks before d***s or something. lol

• Haha!

What Guys Said 4

• because girls stab each other in the back and cause drama, you wonder why there isn't any drama between guys? it's because of the bro code

• ...that's why men run the planet."bro code". dumb bitch...

• Well girls don,t have a girl code because it would never work like the bro code girl are some time little bitch,s some times win it comes to guy if one girl like a guy and then a girl see the same guy and what them for them self and will do what ever it takes to get him and talk sh*t about the girl that what him in the first place and that y a girl code would never work.

• because girls are drama queens, they fight over guys all the time. They don't care if a girls talking to another guy they would steal him away from her. With us we honer the code and not snake a girl from another guy

What Girls Said 8

• Because women are not as loyal to their own gender as men are. When it comes to male issues, men will always stand up for their gender, as they should. Many women will also stand up for men, often only to impress men & make it seem like they are the perfect girl. But when it comes to women's issues, many women will not stand up for their gender because they don't want to look bad to men & will actually diss their own gender. It's kind of sad, but that's just the way it is.

Also, if a guy has a girlfriend, his friends respect that & don't try to steal her. But women can be the opposite, they get off on stealing other women's boyfriends. I wish women could be more loyal to each other, the same way men are, but that is a useless thing to hope for because it will never change. Women have always been competitive with each other when it comes to men, sex, & looks. Men only get competitive when it's about a sport, or something else masculine. I guess it's how our gender's differ, but I personally don't like it. But, that's life for a woman, that's just one of the many things we have to deal with that makes us stronger in the end. Good Luck.

• We do have a code - it's just a lot of girls refuse to follow it -

Because the girl code is flawed anyway,

and for no good reason; like what if your friend is crushing on your soul mate / future husband; the oppurtunity will be lost, and often girls can miss out on some great guys.

Whereas the guy code, which dictates not dating each others' sisters - has a good reason to exist because males are very protective of their female siblings, and if their best friend wrongs their sister, things can get pretty intense, as now the brother is caught between his best friend and sister - a sucky ass circumstance.

I think girl code was just created to prevent the jealousy and emotional bullsh*t so many girls seem to go through after their dude has clearly moved on - there's no reason in my eyes, why it's wrong for a girl to date her friend's ex, if the chemistry is kicking between them; Sure there's the notion that he's slept with her best friend, which is probably what stops some girls (including me,) but then again, he's slept with other women anyway as well. The circumstance may be a little bit more awkward for lack of a better word, but sometimes people hook up with the wrong person to begin with -

Anyway, girl code is kinda iffy to me...

• When I was younger, I thought the bro code and girl code was childish, but now, I believe it's just a social rule of respect amongst friends. In other words, there IS a girl code. Honestly, it sounds to me like those two that you call your friends, aren't really your friends. If I were you, I would stop communicating with both of them and meet people who are worthy to be called friends.

• Great answer, totally my opinion on this!

• @drawacircle Thanks :)

@oOsweetonessOo EXACTLY! TRUE friends will have self-respect and respect for you. There are a lot of "mean" girls out there, but I'm not going to generalize because we're all not the same. QA, believe it or not, there are still good girl friends out there. Yes, we are hard to find, but it's not impossible.

• to a certain extent I think you're right but there is no concrete rules. like no sleeping with one of your friends sisters without permission is in the bro code. there is nothing like that that I know of. I think you're refering to being a good friend.

• my friends and I have girl code we would never talk to a guy our friend did.. you friends just don't follow it. most girls do tho

• Oh fudge I was trying to give you +1 sorry :/

• i think most friends respect each other regardless of gender. if not they do not respect you, they are not real friends.

your friends were being d***s I do not care if its a guy or a girl. Not all guys would avoid insulting their friends in front of women. that's a myth.

them being insulting was wrong. but you do not own a guy JUST because you like him. if the guy does not like u, and likes one of your friends, why would you want to get in the way., you do not get to control people like that.

• I don't think I own the guy because I like him. I also don't want to stand in the way of my friends, if I knew a friend liked a guy, when I talked to the guy only good things about my friend would be said. I wouldn't flirt with the guy. What part of my question makes you think I want to control anything. I want girls to stop being backstabbing bitches just to get what they want.

• Because we are mature ladies who don't need an actual code to guide us:)

• Some girls are bitches. I think it's all about respect for the other person though

• I completely agree with you. Girls being bitches is the reason I'm only friends with guys now.

• girls have a code. you're just not in on it apparently