Is it alarming for a 16 year old girl to have never gone out with anyone?

I know I'm basically a loser... but it's true. And I just wanna know how it is viewed by others?

It's not like I'm not ready... it's just that no one ever asked me out. But it's not like I don't have guy friends, I have tons of them. They just don't see me as anything more than a friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually I think most people would respect that. There comes a time where you have to put yourself out there and get to know people or else before you know it you'll be getting old without any relationship experience. It's normal I presume just knowing from first hand experience.

I didn't get my girlfriend until I was 14 and we are each others first.We even plan on staying together,etc.Just remember to start relationships off with basic friendship or else the outcome might turn out bad.

• Guy friends view you as a "friend"? try giving them hints to let them know you want to be more.I mean,if you want to be with one of them.If not,just start searching for that special someone.You'll find the right guy,don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

What Guys Said 3

• Your not a loser, and being 16 and not dated means absolutely nothing.

• No you are no loser. I'm a fine example. I was virgin until I finally felt in love with someone I can connect with when I was 23. Trust me, it was worth the wait. What's the rush? For her though.. being from South America, that's another story!

• Well if you're not ready then its not alarming. I mean I have a friend that's 18 and he's still a virgin.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't feel bad, cause I'm the same way... Tons of guy friends, totally ready for a boyfriend, but nothing yet, and I'm 16. Besides I'm sure it will be a good thing, eventually.

• Hey, that's ok.

I mean wouldn't you rather have a lifelong friend than a potential short time boyfriend?

But, you're not the only one with that issue. You're just waiting for the right person to come along. Its ok.