When going out, who should pay?

I just moved to a new town about 6 months ago and I started going to this restaurant/bar every weekend. The staff there noticed that I come there a lot and I tip really well and that I'm now known as a regular and even part of the staff! Anyways, one of the managers always goes out of her way to say hi to me even though it gets really busy and I think there is some attraction between us but I don't really know if it's just friendship or something else. She once mentioned about this pizza place that's really good. So I asked her if she wanted to go to the pizza place for dinner on one of her days off and she said yes.

I always believe that if you ask someone to go out, you should cover the tab and that's my intention but as I was reading on GAG that some females either want to pay their half or they'll pay the whole bill. If it's one of my female friends that I've know for a long time, will either split the bill or one of will pay and the next time the other person will pay.

I just don't know in this case if this is a date or just two friends going out. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Though I know it's the accepted etiquette to pay if you are the one who ask a person out..I will give my own input on this from my own experience.

As a guy, and to be a gentleman I will always pay if I am with a woman and it's only the two of us. Irregardless of whether we are friends, a first date or even a date that is going south. This also applies to a woman who asks me, casually and informally to just hang out.

There are instances where I will still offer to pay, unless A) It is a business lunch/dinner and it's the woman's company's tab/ on her expense report. B) She is senior to me, and we both work together C) She explicitly offers to pay from the beginning (though I will still offer to pay anyhow).

What Girls Said 3

• If she insists on paying once, tell her you got it, but if she asks you again and is being genuine about wanting to pay her share, just let her.

Women always appreciate when men pay for dates and what not, at least in the beginning wooing stage. Obviously, I think once some sort of dating rhythm is established, any reasonable woman would offer to pick up the tab in a more fair manner.

• Whoever arranges the date should pay.

• the man usually does, so I think its just very gentlman like of you to do so.

What Guys Said 2

• try and make sure she understands its a date, and if she still goes out, then you pay for it.

The fact that she always "goes out of her way" says hi to you on that restaurant, might mean she likes you. And that she said yes to taking her to a restaurant.

Just take it slow and get to know her, be a gentlemen and make her smile.

• first 2 or 3 dates should be the guy, the rest should be split up