Do you think that women have worse luck finding great guys online than in real life?

In my experience with online dating, I've noticed that there are a lot more weirdos online than what I meet in person. Also, I think that women are even pickier online about what they are looking for. That's why I think that they have even worse luck finding guys online. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I will never date online ever again no matter what! lol I have dated online twice and both times I was disappointed for almost identical reasons.

Finding someone who is correct for you on many different levels is hard enough already. I believe that the more you are yourself, the easier it is to attract that person. Yet so many people get caught up in their image and in just trying to attract the opposite gender that they don't include major pieces of themself because they feel like they just have to get the person to want them no matter what. The only perception of them you can possibly get is the perception they choose to show you since there's no other possible way to see how they are other than web cam or chatting online. So for all you know, you could be bein realed in to a mask that just hasn't been taken off yet! Once that mask comes off, it will feel like looking at a stranger.

I think often, the allure of online dating is the illusion of that person. A lot of people are fixated on this specific idea of the type of person they want. Sometimes when a person you're attracted to with an awesome personality comes along, people just fill in the blanks with what they would hope is there and not what is actually there. It's so much easier to slip into doing that when the person is online and not in your day to day life face to face where their actions and behavior can prove those 'filled in blanks' as false...and make you snap back to the reality of who they are.

I think one of the worse feelings every is someone sinking their hooks in you so deep then realizing that person is not what is best and healthiest for you and your future. Can you just imagine how deeply it would hurt to try and pull away from that person knowing that it's best for you if you do? I've dated someone online and gotten so wrongfully attached to him although he was not good for me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It was a really difficult, painful process having his "hooks" ripped right out of me.

Those are the reasons why I will NEVER date online! Also, no offense to anyone here, but the type of guy I would like is not the type of guy who spends a lot of time online to begin with. I feel that if a guy is spending a lot of time online then there's a reason for it

What Girls Said 2

• I think its true that I may be pickier online, but that's because on the dating site a lot of stuff is laid out in the profile page. I am quite selective to who I talk to usually to people who made a comment that resonates with my interests. My problem is I haven't met anyone online locally who are good matches. My best matches seem to be in on the other side of the world where I have lived and work for a couple of years. I am currently talking to someone who seem to have a lot of similarities with me and at the beginning we were real enthusiastic with chatting. Recently though, I suspect that the realisation of the difficulty of any sort of relationship is going to be though with the distance and he has held back communication a bit. Recently though he made the attempt to talk to me over the phone though I think he was a bit drunk. I think I've given up with finding local matches on that dating site and if I do find a match locally it would probably be in person rather than online.

• i thought the guy I met online was great...turned out he was a flake. I don't think I'll ever do online dating again

What Guys Said 3

• if you think the guys are weird. You should hear about the weird women on some of those sites, yikes.

• Yes because they might not be the same person in real life

• I think that's absurd. They can set up hundreds of dates in a short amount of time.