Do you kiss your friends of the opposite gender?

in my group of friends we kiss the people of the opposite gender. we don't make out or anything but just a little peck on the lips. we do it to say hello or goodbye or just messing around. a few friends have gfs and bfs who are OK with it and some have started doing it too.

is this normal? would you tolerate your girlfriend or boyfriend doing this with friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• We don't do it nor would I think I would want to after I saw you kiss another guy. A kiss on the cheek would be fine I guess. I don't think I would be fine with my girlfriend doing it either because kisses are important to me, even if it is just a little peck. Is it normal? Hard to say, possibly if you are European or from some South American countries

What Guys Said 10

• As someone who has personal space issues, I do not enjoy any form of physical contact with other human beings except for cuddling/holding with the girlfriend (when I have one).

• I have 2 very traditional Italian male friends & we sometimes kiss each other on both cheeks.

It would be OK if my girl did it with another girl but not with a guy.

My friends girlfriend always gives me a quick peck on my lips. He always tells me Kathy really loves you.

I'm not sure what that means & I don't ask. I know that she's just the flavor of the month for him so I guess that's why he doesn't care.

• So your gay! hahahahaha YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

• I don't think so. Maybe? I don't know.

To the "traditional" Italians it's a sign of respect & love. Lie the Godfather

For a non Italian (like me) to be treated that way is a sign of acceptance & great respect.

• I wouldn't call this normal, no.

• Thats how they roll in France

• Strange to me, honestly I'd probably try to rip the head off any guy who tried to kiss my girlfriend

• noooo I don't kiss my female friends... except maybe on the cheek... but even that is rare.

• theyre probably in what's called an open relationship. meaning theyre allowed to kiss other people etc..but they still have a boyfriend. its less stress basically

• Not something I'd do. All of my friends are guys. Hell no to that-

• I'd love to kiss you QA. :)

• in my group of friends it doesn't happen we would get hit or something if we tried to do it and I consider it weird

What Girls Said 9

• Only when I'm intoxicated, it's a given. I'm okay with it, I used to have a boyfriend who liked to kiss everyone haha

• Aren't Australians super affectionate anyways? :-D

• I'm actually British ha ha but no more than any other nationalities I've encountered.

• No, and I don't think it's normal but to each their own.

If I haven't seen my friend in ages they usually give me a kiss on the cheek, but if they even pecked my lips I'd probably deck him. It's just too weird to imagine my friends kissing me on the lips, even if it's for one second. *shudders*

I wouldn't be okay with my boyfriend doing it, either. Reminds me of a swingers party, for some reason. lol idk, call me a prude but I just find it superfluous and rather silly.

• no lol. mostly just hugs, a kiss on the cheek, max.

kissing on the mouth, even if it's just a peck, is reserved for boyfriend/girlfriend situations.

idk if it's normal or not, but I wouldn't want other girls having access to my guy's mouth. even if it was just for a couple of milliseconds :p

• My friends and I don't do this on a regular basis but I've kissed guy and girl friends when drunk. My boyfriend doesn't seem to care. I'm pretty sure he's kissed some of our female friends. It's all in good fun.

• I kiss all of my friends but not on the lips.

• I kiss everyone; I am ITALIAN! :D

• no, only on the cheek sometimes

• a kiss on the cheek sometimes, but not on the lips

• No, I don't. Actually, I avoid any physical contact with them.