Would your parents be okay with you dating someone outside of your race?

Would your parents be okay with you dating someone outside of your race

0|0
26|15

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• I'm Indian

amd Mom said she'd prefer if it wasn't a black or Muslim girl

I'm not gonna date a religious girl but I'd date any race

1|1
    0|1
  • LOL I don't think my parents would have wanted me to date outside my race.

They didn't take too kindly to me dating someone who uses a wheelchair.

They didn't take too kindly about me getting turned on by older women (eg. Betty White)

They probably would have flipped if they met my ex boyfriend (I'm bi)

I don't think they have tolerance for very much.

But let's be fair. They didn't think too much of me either.

We don't talk to each other anymore. There's really nothing left to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not black.

There is also a race exception to religion

Can be Arab, but not Muslim.

Everything else is fair game.

or I'm disowned...

The family's oldest living matriarch decides this.

Highly preferable:

Of the same race.

Unless she is very rich where she can fill in the inheritance gap and then some..

0|1
    0|1
  • Hell no, but I don't care about their opinion in this regard.

0|2
    1|0
  • of course they would

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes my ex was Hispanic. As long as I'm happy they don't care.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mom is cool with whoever I date. My dad is a racist biggot. I'm sure he'd have a heart attack if I wanted to marry a black girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dad: He wouldn't care

Mom: Haven't been around her in 5 years so I wouldn't know now. She used to have of problem with me dating outside of my race when I was in high school. Namely white women.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah but honestly who cares, its my life link

0|0
    1|0
  • I have before they were fine with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think my parents wouldn't care. Well my dad would because he's racist. My mom wouldn't care

0|1
    0|0
  • No they would not care how I date as long as i,m happy with that person.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 26

• Yea - for the most part.

It's funny because my family is majorly for the own race to own race thing; we got on the subject and I was just like:

" Yea, my husband will be white or Hispanic."

Everyone got really quiet and then interrogated me about it. I left it at - that's what I like, and if you don't like that, then don't come to the wedding.

So now they're like totally cool with it ha ha - I get teased about it every once and a while, but it's just harmless stuff.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, they don't care. My ex was half Mexican. And my dad's soon to be ex-wife is from Brazil.

Even if they had a problem with it, it's not their choice to make.

0|0
    1|0
  • My parents aren't judgmental of the physical attributes of the people I date.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes my parents would okay with me dating any race I want to

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not really. But they're not the ones who are dating the guy so it doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • They d be completely fine with it,

I'm White but half my extended family are the result of happy inter racial marriages. My great aunt married a Fijian way before mixed marriages were really accepted.

I have cousins who are half Chinese, and half maori.

0|0
    0|0
  • 7/8 relationships I've had were interracial so my parents don't give a f***

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm biracial, Hispanic and black, so it'd be pretty hard for me to date someone of the same mixture as myself, but yeah.

My dad gave me a talk a while back and was like "don't let race be the deciding factor" and my mom does have preferences, such as no mexicans, dark skinned black guys or Indians, but at the end of the day idgaf. She's not the one in the relationship with them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wait... your mom said don't date any mexicans, black guys? Isn't she black or mexican? O.o

• She's Hispanic.

She said she'd prefer no dark skinned black guy, meaning lighter skin is fine, but dark like Idris Elba(Yummmmm) isn't preferred.

Mexican, it's just cause of how they are, their mentality of the woman needing to be in the kitchen cooking and pregnant and Mexican guys usually aren't successful.

Like I care what she prefers haha

• They couldn't possibly care less about the race of the guy I date. They would be too focused on the things that actually matter.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. My parents are pretty open minded. They wouldn't have a problem at all as long he's someone that I like

0|0
    0|0
  • Yupp

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't know...but I don't care because it's not up to them to choose who I like and don't like

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents would be fine with that as they are also in an interracial relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, they just want me to be happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • They'll get used to it eventually... will my dad ever be okay with it? no but he'll be fine lol

0|1
    0|0
  • No. My parents care if I'm happy. They trust me a lot, but I earned that trust. I never f*cked up and I always did what I was told to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • my mother would. but I wouldn't really care.

0|0
    0|0
  • They'd be fine with it if I was happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes while I was growing up my mom taught me it didn't matter

I lived in the suburbs for awhile so pretty much all of my exes were white

0|0
    0|0
  • No

0|0
    0|0
  • They wouldn't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • no as long as they treat me right and aren't part of the mob or any gang

1|0
    0|0
  • My parents are religious so if I dated somebody outside my religion they would not be happy and I do not think they would really accept me if I married somebody out of my religion. They don't care if he's so observant but just from the same religion, but they don't care about his race.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother yes and my father no. But I don't care, I like who I like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I"m Black and Asian. The funny thing is my mother wouldn't want me to date a black guy, no offense to them but I wouldn't either. I wouldn't date an Asian either. They're okay with me dating a white but both would prefer an Asian. I don't know about Mexicans. But idc it's whoever I like.

0|0
    0|1
  • My parents wouldn't, I wouldn't but my nan would flip when I was 8 she told me that she didn't ever wanted me to date a "colored" boy :( As much as I love her I hate her racest view points and I totally disagree with them so if I meet a guy of another race I might just be loosing me a nanna but gaining a lover :) x

0|0
    0|0