Dating a not so smart guy? Girls is it wrong to not like him for it?

there is this guy, he treats me well but he is 18 and still doing over a few subjects for the third time next year...and I'm 20 but I have 2 more years till I finish my degree. Is it wrong that I am turned off by him not being as smart as me?

ok well he also isn't intelligient...he once said trustful instead of trustworthy lol

Most Helpful Guy

• What are the reasons for dating him in the first place? I don't believe intelligence should be a factor, but he doesn't seem like someone who is even borderline competent, since he's repeating a subject for a third time. Do you find a person like that having a future? Let alone a good job or college acceptance?

Great in bed or a great personality, it really comes down to how you view the relationship. Do you really see a future? Can you be with someone who will probably be less successful than you are? If you can honestly see it working, and accept the effort, then by all means stay with him.

What Guys Said 5

• It's not wrong to be attracted to a smart guy. My questions are what is his major, and what classes is he retaking? Some majors are harder than others.

• His failing in school doesn't mean that he isn't smart. I'm pretty intelligent (don't mean to be arrogant) and I never made it past my first year in college.

But to get to your question, no, not really. I prefer my girls to be slightly less intelligent, so I can imagine girls wanting it to be the other way around.

• It just means he's not booksmart or possibly just not academically motivated. Is it wrong that you are turned off by that? Not really, but if you want to avoid him entirely because of it, then yes, I think so.

• well I think most girls want guys who are ahead of them rather than behind...

And being two years behind isn't anything to do with how smart he is, just how old. If he were 20 right now then you could judge whose smarter..

• well when I was 16 I finished high school..in my country you finis hig school at 16 and go to college

• yes but your still two years older than him. Get it?

• ok just read your update. Well if he actually isn't as smart as you just in general and not from being behind in age(which it kind of looked like you were implying) then maybe you should keep your options open. There are smart guys out there that appreciate smart girls like you.

• turned off? no

not liking him? yes

What Girls Said 6

• A college degree and age doesn't bring intelligence. It just means you were born earlier than them as well as you started school earlier than them. I think that if you're turned off by him because of this then maybe you should look for someone else who you feel is on the same level intellectually as you. But if you can overlook it and it not be a deal breaker then go for it, there's nothing wrong with being turned off by something because no one is going to be perfect completely for you.

• I don't think it's wrong at all to be turned off by a lack of intelligence. If you want a real relationship, then you need the ability to have an intelligent conversation with the guy. Plus, intelligence could very well be one of those things that you absolutely have to have in a guy to like him - I'm the same way.

• No it annoys me and it's a turn off for me as well..it's really up to you if you wanna stay with him or not

I really just couldn't take it anymore lol

• To not be attracted to him in that way, I do not think it is wrong.

To not want to be his friend because of it, it can be considered shallow.

• Intelligence has nothing to do with the education.

• it's not that he's not smart and you are (it's not hard to pass your classes), it's that he's just not interested in school