Should I try online dating??

I've been debating for a long time about trying online dating, knowing it is becoming more popular but still does have a stigma. since I'm not having any luck meeting anyone, I decided to see if I could online. I recently went ahead and started using it, and there are a few guys that I met and that I would like to get to know better. however, my parents are very traditional and not open-minded so I don't know how to explain it to them. and there's also the 'he might not be who he says he is' factor, and if everything does work out and something does happen, I don't know how comfortable I would be telling people that I met a guy online. any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• We live in a world where probably 1 out of every 4 or 5 relationships start online. It is not unusual at all anymore. You should always take online relationships slowly and be careful. (If the guy starts talking about marriage or money, just end it right there.)

If you meet him, do it in a public place where there are lots of other people. Even then go slowly. As far as your parents are concerned, you should tell them that you met him at a cafe or whereever it is you do first meet him in person. You won't be "lying."

There is not that much stigma in meeting people online -- after all, it happens millions of times every day. just exercise some caution.

What Guys Said 2

• So much of our lives is sucked up by work, school, internships, etc. that it doesn't seem people are able to find enough free time to meet someone. That and we are using technology a LOT for socializing. I used to think that online dating was a last resort for desperate people, but those I've talked to who have done it are, for lack of a better term, "normal". My reservation about it is I think I would feel like I'm "shopping" lol. If I were to do it, though, I probably wouldn't be terribly open about it.

• I'd keep it hidden if I were you.

What Girls Said 0