LOTR or Harry Potter, if you could live in one of these worlds, which would would you choose?

LOTR or Harry Potter?

You'd be you. Just in that world and in that time...living that life...

Most Helpful Girl

• Harry Potter.

No contest!

What Guys Said 17

• LOTR, are you kidding? Harry Potter is only wizards, and you need to be "born" to do magic. LOTR has all sorts of creatures, and magic is studied or stolen, and not denied to a sizable populace.

• lord of the rings, so much more magical, in lotr you have an actually connection to those higher deities like Gandalf who is sent by the Valar themselves and helps you see things like impending death in a new light ''white shores, and beyond a far green country' style'. You have of course magic such as the various rings of power, amazing creatures, beautiful cities,rich history, elves and all their beauty and swords, I love swords.

The best thing about lord of the rings world ? The ride of the Rohirrim moment, hell if I'm going to die then I might as well do it full armed and armored on a horse with a war cry and 6,000 other riders shouting DEATH !

• LOTR definitely. Harry Potter might be kind of cool, but there's nothing guaranteeing that I'd be a wizzard and LOTR fits my lifestyle better.

• You mean you're more expendable?

• haha! Am I the only one that interpreted that totally differently? I loved the way you worded that:)

• Bahahaha, holy crap I didn't even see that. I'm usually the one with the damn gutter mind :)

• Lord of the rings definitely. I never got into harry potter. And as for lotr, I watched the movies, read books, and played games based on that universe.

Before I read the answers I figured the guys would pick lotr and the girls hp.. I was right lol(except for a few misguided individuals of course)

• LOTR.

never much cared for Harry Potter. Haven't read the books or seen an entire film.

LOTR on the other hand, well, different story.

• LOTR.

Epic battles and sh*t? Yes please! :D I'll pull out my own bow and arrow and start mowing people down.

• Harry Potter for sure :D

• Harry Potter, so I could have magic and still have a normal life. As far as Lord of the Rings goes, I want to punch things when I hear the Elves speak in LOTR. Admittedly, I think it would be great fun to go hobbit hunting.

• LOTR, I would love having a heroic moment in that world. It just seems awesome sliding down on a shield and firing a few arrows at Orcs, or a Dwarf jumping 50 feet to save the break entering of Helm's deep.

Some, of the women are beautiful.

I would go with HP to though, just for Hermoine.

• Don't we already live in the Harry Potter world? Don't the wizards just keep the wizard world hidden from us muggles?

• I honestly Love LOTR more, but if I could live in a world, I would choose Harry Potter, casting spells would be amazing.

• LOTR ---- & be Aragon

• Harry Potter. Less grewsome death, More hope of survival. If it was like a videogame where I could respawn several times or get re-incaranated...LOTR hands down.

• harry potter

• Harry Potter.The harry potter world is more modern

• What kind of retarded question is that?

You basically just asked. Would you rather die a gruesome death in the world of LOTR,

Or

Live happily in LALA world where the main villain is too retarded to figure out he can just Shoot harry with a gun . And the hero only needs to cast a glowing wand spell to survive.

So I get to choose between a realistic path or training and suffering before I'm killed by hordes of evil monsters. probably be stabbed or crushed waiting to die in pain for hours. Or a world full of children eating wonderful candies, The worst pain just magically removed by some words and a limp wrist and spend the rest of the day complaining that a girl doesn't like me because I'm a jerk to her.

You couldve at lease made it something a little more closely related. Like Star Wars or something with LOTR. Your Dislike Fangirl/boyism makes me stronger!

• Harry Potter, I think a wizard is cooler then a hobbitt

What Girls Said 26

• Harry Potter. Hopefully in a world without Voldemort or Death Eaters. It appeals to me more than Middle Earth does, because of the sheer fact that they Apparate (teleport) anywhere, fly on broomsticks, and get all kinds of things done instantly by using MAGIC!

• Harry Potter

• harry potter

LOTR would only be awesome if you were an elf or a main character, like Aragon to whom thing actually happened, if you were just a regular dwarf, human, hobbit, your life wouldn't be much different or exciting, you d just be living in a slightly antiquated world with dragon shaped fireworks.

But if you were in Harry potter, no matter who you are you d still have the awesomeness of going to hogwarts and learning magic, unicorns, flying brooms, apparating... It d be great :)

• Women seem to get treated pretty terribly in LOTR, so I think I'll put my stock in the Harry Potter-verse. Magical powers are more badass, anyway. And I really want to try Bertie Bott's every flavour beans!

• LOTR no competition really between them both. I'm not a massive fan of all the magic and wands... give me a sword over a wand any day

• Harry potter without a doubt

• LOTR (:

• Harry Potter! Would be fun!

• Harry potter.

• excellent question... I think Harry Potter...

not sure if I'd be a hobbit or elf or orc hahaha in LOTR...rather be safe as a good old witch :)

• Definitely Harry Potter :D

• Harry Potter, omg! I'd be the best witch ever.

• What I would do to live in Hogwarts... <3

• LOTR for SURE !

I wonder if pointy elf ears would look good on me..

I call dibs on Aragorn.

• Harry Potter! I don't even have to think about it!

• Harry Potter

• Harry Potter manggg

• Harry potter!

• Definitely Harry Potter. Was never really into LOTR.

• Harry Potter as LOTR I can't even lst through no offence so boring O.o

• Harry Potter 100%

• Harry Potter :)

• LOTR if it's post-war. HP otherwise.

• harry potter even though I dislike both

• harry potter and the Deathly Hallows, so I could save Severus.

• NARNIA!