Am I overreacting or has this happened to you before?

So there's this girl. She's really nice and cute and everything and I want to get to know her a little better. The problem is, she's a year younger than me. I've never dated or hooked up with anyone younger than me before so this is pretty new. It just feels weird. I'm still gonna go on a date with her and everything but has anyone ever felt this way about someone? How can this go away?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're a guy dating younger has been in male history since it began.

Just make sure her maturity level is up to yours.

What Girls Said 3

• A year? Yeah, you are overreacting. Honestly, at your age, there is no discernible difference in age or intelligence or life experience in the twelve months difference between the two of you. That stuff isn't even based purely on age anyway.

• i years huh>?

not a big deal...chill bro.

unless she is a minority.

• Is your picture the actor from Vampire Diaries who plays, Tyler?

• What what and who?

• I just looked at your picture closer, it definitly is him. I love that show too! link

• Haha yeah. Me and him have the same exact name. So I just tell everyone I'm him lol

What Guys Said 3

• I know how you feel. My mindset had always been that I would date girls in my grade/around my age and I would marry someone similar in age. Senior year of high school though, I met a girl two years younger than me that I got along with really well. When I started developing feelings for her it did feel weird, but I had so much fun hanging out with her and I really enjoyed her company. If she didn't have a boyfriend, I would have probably asked her out.

My advice: Spend time with her and see if you enjoy it. A year isn't that big of a deal. If both of you are happy together, that is all that should really matter. Pretty soon she could change from being "that girl a year younger than me" to being "that girl I look forward to seeing every day".

• Dating someone a year younger isn't a problem in the slightest

• Just go out and if you hit it off with her, you may not notice it so much