Ever dated someone that you didn't like?

Ever dated someone that you knew you don't like? But dated him/her anyway? just to be withe someone (desperation)?

Most Helpful Guy

• uhh not out of desperation, just because I felt bad. They had a crush on me for a very long time and I decided to give them a chance. Boy oh boy, the worst decision I have ever made in my life.

What Girls Said 6

• To QA: Have you ever dated someone because you were hungry? Haha. Jk.

I wasn't attracted to the guy but I went on the date anyway - he could of had a great personality right? No he seemed to have no personality! He laughed at everything I laughed at and he tended to go along with everything I said. He also seemed to imitate my moves.

• No , I don't do that.

• Yeah.. like 2 times in 7th grade. Neither one lasted more than 2 weeks.

One of them started to annoy me so much that I told him my phone was broken so he'd stop talking to me :\ I made him cry when I broke up with him.

The other one was just weird... he moved away after 8th grade, so I don't talk to him anymore, thankfully.

I'd never lead a guy on... I'm not dumb enough to actually do that anymore.

• Yes, it was not out of desperation but because I thought I couldn't do any better. I was very wrong.

• Yep. I wouldn't say desperation, just out of boredom, not that that's any better

• Well see there was this guy that I thought was mildly cute. And he talked to me which was pretty awesome because I'm usually shy and reserved. Turns out he liked me so when he asked me out I said yes. I decided to give him a try and because I had never had a boyfriend before, I would be giving dating a try too. He was kind of like a practice boyfriend lol. It wasn't out of desperation. More like curiousity I guess. Hahah.

I felt bad about not liking him in that way but I just couldn't force myself to feel that way. He was too damn stupid. And annoying.

• Lol. It sounds like you actually hated him

• I'm just bitter. Even though I didn't have any feelings for him, the breakup (and what happened after) really damaged my pride. It makes me angry that a twerp like that could emotionally impact me in such a way. I didn't hate him or anything while we were dating. I tried to accept him for who he was and I didn't let myself dwell on what an idiot he was too much. Now I've allowed myself to realize what an obnoxious dumbass he is.

What Guys Said 2

• No, that would be some pretty pathetic insecurity.

• I haven't dated anyone I didn't like but I've definitely gone on a date with many people I turned out not to like.