Are you lonely tonight?

I heard that even in a crowded room, people can feel alone. I'm just curious why this would happen or if it's ever happened to you and what is it that keeps you feeling alone?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very possible to feel lonely in a crowded room when you don't know anyone, or there's no one to meet (or it seems that way) because you feel excluded from everyone else's pre-established social circles. Loneliness comes from feelings isolated from others - any situation can lead to feelings of loneliness, from sitting in a cafe reading a book, or walking along in a mall. You can even feel lonely sitting right next to someone you know well. Lack of connection with others, or a feeling that the other person doesn't care for you can promote/sustain feelings of loneliness. Or rather, it could simply be that you feel like you're the only person with your problem and no one can relate, this could also create feelings of loneliness. Happens to me a lot, actually, quite the reason I got my tattoo, lol.

• I never asked, what is your tattoo of?

What Guys Said 5

• i am at the moment, and in a crowd you might not be with the right people. they could all just be strangers or barely even aquaintances

• Not lonely tonight, I got to many papers to do to feel alone.

• I'm alone but not lonely.

• I don't talk to people

• Just last night I was in a room, probably packed beyond legal fire capacity, and I was still feeling very alone. So many people there with dates, and I was by myself thinking how I wanted my former with me at the show. At least I had a job to do there, so I wasn't dwelling on my lonliness as much as I could have.

What Girls Said 6

• I know that feeling very well. My fam has a lot of partys and we always have groups of people over. I alaways feel so alone. I'm an only child and only grandchild so I never had anyone to hang with unless my friends were invited as well. I was usually stuck with people way older than me so it made me mature really fast. I never had anyone around to talk to about things that people my age talked about. SO I always felt really alone. I would always have to look pretty and smile but I never felt like I fit in. I'm not really sure if I explained it right. I know I feel alone when my boyfriend and I have issues like we have been having. I hear him tell me things but I don't really feel like me means them.

• I kinda know how you feel about being the young one in the room. I am the youngest of all my 1st cousins at 21 and the oldest one is like 67 with the average age of all of them being around 40 years old. I have nothing to talk about with them.

• it sucks! Finally someone else that knows how it feels. all my friends tell me I'm weird cause I hang with them I'm like um you do know I don't have a choice even my boyfriend he's like y do you hang with people so much older than you it's not normal I'm like they my fam I'm kinda given no choice.

• Happens to me a fair bit. Mainly it happens when I'm in a room and I just don't feel like I belong there, or people aren't really treating me like I should be there.

• Yeah. I sure am.

• Yes, I really don't have someone I can really trust or have that special bond. Every body is busy with their own lives. Sometimes I feel left out, but I guess I gotta get used to this, forever or until I can find that happiness.

• That happens because they feel like the black sheep, or they are not familiar with everybody so even though they are there, they get left out :(

• Yep but generally because I don't belong in that crowd of people or I don't know anyone there.