My boyfriend kissed another girl. Forgave him, wrong?

I have been with my boyfriend with a little over a month now. Yesterday , he kissed a girl , who he had a bad crush on . The told me all about it and apologized . I forgave him without the need to make him suffer and all that nonsense. Now I am worried , was I too easy ? I made it clear that I am not an easy forgiver and that things happen. We learn and more on. I feel as though I should have done something else!

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't think you were too easy.

You acted as though you had nothing to be jealous about. That he might have kissed her, but ultimately he came back to you and told you and whether or not you keep him his entirely up to you.

If you had acted like a typical jealous girl, you would have triggered an independence response in him. If you had tried to control him, lay down the law, tell him what he can and can't do... it would have triggered something in him which would react badly to being controlled.. react rebelliously to a girl laying down the law. He most likely would have gone off and cheated again, just because of your reaction. Or dumped you for being "controlling". That sort of thing.

You actually acted the correct way. It feels off to you, because it's not the typical girl response. But in terms of getting him to shape up, it was the optimal move.

Let's hope it was successful.

What Guys Said 2

• Just mike it clear that it was a one time thing, that he's not coming of the hook so easy next time.

• Worst reaction possible! He even confessed he likes her more than you, you brushed it aside, wonder how long it'll be before he has sex with the girl... bets please?

• I have to agree not because I'm a girl but because if you feel like you should of done something else you probably should of what you should of done or what I would of done is talked it out yeah of course he came back to you but can't know completely why unless you heard both sides to the story he could of been rejected and your the 2nd choice I'm not saying this is so.l'm not saying punish him or put restrictions on like he's a dog who pooped on your new carrpet jst talk it out

Good luck

What Girls Said 4

• I would've dumped his ass so bad! You're toghether for such a short time and he cheated on you already? What's that gonna be when you're together for like a year..if he notices you let him off the hook that easy, I don't know if that's gonna stop him.

Ok, he could've had a "weak moment", but does he feel sorry for it? Because if he's all easy breazy about it, I wouldn't trust him anymore.

Trust is needed in a relationship, if you don't have that you can go mad.

• It is entirely up to you, but the very fact that you are questioning yourself and almost, but not quite, asking yourself do you deserve more suggests that you know this guy has done wrong by you. I too think you deserve to be treated better, no matter how much you like this guy.

• There is part of me that agrees with Belgie above, but I also wonder how someone can make a mistake like that if they really like someone they are with. Temptations are always there, but you don't act on them.

• Don't dump him if you really like him just assure that the feelings are still there and tell how it made you feel don't punish him cause that won't work just telling him exactly how you feel if he loves you will be punishment enough kissing her could of just reassured himself of how much he likes you don't blow it

Good luck

• He cheats on you after a MONTH with a girl he really likes (not even a drunken mistake), and you forgive him just like that? Telling him you don't forgive easy is gonna have ZERO effect on him, since you just contradicted yourself by letting it slide.