Do most girls like dating older guys?

My cousin is dating a guy like 18 years older than her who's really not rich or handsome at all and is kind of a tool. Is it mainly because girls think he is more experienced in bed and will be able to rock her world...is that part of it anyway. she's 22 and he's 40 or 39 I forget.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe your cousin is just mature for her age and gets along well with him. Or he is super suave and made her fall for him. Or maybe she has daddy issues. Idk, there are different reasons, personally as a 20 year old I could not see myself being with anyone older than college aged...

What Girls Said 10

• I actually don't like older guys at all. The most of a difference I think I'd be able to do is 5 years, but I've never dated a guy even my age, must less older. All of them have been a couple of years younger than me. My friends are all the same way - only date guys very close to their own age.

• Yes some girls like because they find older guys are matured and understanding...But in your cousin case I think that guy is too much older tho.If he is like 30s still fine for me but 40 is just too old.

• I suppose we like the thought of being protected by an older guy- I don't know. I wouldn't date someone that much older though, unless he is really sweet and has a fantastic personality, but this guy just sounds immature.

• The closer a guy is to MY age, the better. I don't think I could date someone who's at an entirely different life stage.

You know, maybe those two are simply compatible and get along well. You make it sound like all girls care about is money, sex, and looks.

• So let me get this straight. It's only justifiable to date an older guy if he is :

a. Rick

b. Handsome

c. Both ?

Maybe she's just mature for her age and gets along great with him. Ever thought of that?

• As long as he is at most 5 years older than me.

• generally speaking yes we do however that difference is a little drastic for me

• Not that old. If I was 22, the oldest I'd go is 30. Too much of a gap.

• I don't like older guys. Guys around my age would be perfect (18). Max. 5 years older than me, min. 1 year younger than me

• Is she desperate for a bf...? any bf?

i like older guys as well but my limit is 3 or 4 years older tops

What Guys Said 2

• Women love the older sausage. If I tell a 24 year old I am 26 she will hook up with me. If I tell that same 24 year old I am 21 she will want to just be friends. LOL same man just a different number. Women are superficial around certain things, and age is usually one of them.

• ya women most of em are superficial beyond belief but will often bitch how men are superficial o the irony of life.

• It may also be that he values her as an individual and not just a one night sex thing.

Older guys have a very different attitude than younger guys, and younger guys are not always attractive to younger girls. It may be weird, but it's true. And older guys often take advantage of this.