How often should a woman call you (Try to only answer if you are over 18).

I'm just wondering how often I should call my long distance love. I spend my time waiting for him to call. He says that he wants me to call, but he seems so busy with 2 kids, a full time job, a house, working out, a new roommate that he hates. I just don't want to pester him. He calls me about every couple of days and we talk for about an hour or two.

• Call or text once a day.
  • Every few days or every other day. I don't want to be pushy.
  • Once a week is enough for me to call or make contact.
  • Other - Please answer in comments what the other is if you answer other.
I do send him e-cards every couple of days. He never responds to them, but tells me (without prompting) that they made his day when we talk. Says that he looks for them in his inbox and such.
I'm calling more often now.every other day. Of course it's only been a week. I haven't had a real relationship since I was a teenager, so I'm kind of new at this.
oh yeah, I want to say that he doesn't hate his roommate. The guy is actually his friend, he just hates his friend as a roommate. ha ha

Most Helpful Girl

• His life sounds stressful, so even just a quick call to make sure he's not going crazy will probably brighten his day. I would say calling him everything other day for an in-depth conversation is good. You could also call him for a moment or text him a short message just to let him know you are thinking about him every day if you like, I don't think any part of that seems like it would be annoying. Men do appreciate the little things that show you care, and although he is busy, you should be the best part of his day :D I hope that helps.

What Guys Said 13

• I had a roommate in college who would call his girlfriend or she would call him once every day. They talked at least once a day unless one of them was too busy and had a good excuse. It worked well for them so it sounds like a good plan to me and for you.

Also if you are his girlfriend and he truly cares about you then you most likely won't pester him. The sound of your voice is probably music to his ears. If he cares about you then he will enjoy your company, so don't be afraid of bothering him. Actually he probably wants to to call everyday because it gives him the opportunity to hear a sweet person's voice instead of his roommate's voice (who he would rather not hear speak).

• As often as she wants to. She should realize that we won't always be able to talk/text but we will try to. Don't force anything; if you feel like texting him go for it. I would call less frequently, as it's not always easy to have a conversation with a girl even if you're talking about nothing at all. Do what you're comfortable with.

• since he is so busy, best advice, text, when can I call you. day after he has called you. That way you alternate, and he will make time to talk to you.

Obviously don't do it everyday.

Plus don't read anything, most guys never reply those e cards. there are nice to receive, but in my case, I don't know what to reply back. Plus I know I'll end spending uncessariy time on them.

• Texting every night isn't to bad. I actually kinda liked it. And cos there texts, if your doin anything else you can just reply once your finished. Would probably only call 2-3 times a week, cos talking for extended periods of time is hard, always run outta stuff to talk about if you ring every night.

• If your calling every other day that's awsonme. Guys don't get annoyed to easily with agirl who shows interest. The only problem might be you may call right when he is in the middle of something with the kids. 715 pm his time is the perfect time to call. After dinner and everyone is relaxing.

• I"d contact him pretty much every day. People expect it with the technology we have now.

• I can only speak from my situation, a single full time job, no kids, no roomate. From that situation I'd be very comfortable with 3-4 times a week, less than that makes me wonder if she;s thinking about me and more can get bothersome over time.

He sounds like he's a busier man than I am though, so you'll have to judge yoruself.

• lol I remember you posted a similar quest. to this one.I'm in a long distance relationship too.and you know what I do.I would say txt him or call him once or twice every other day.it give time and I'm sure he'll be thinking of you all the time.believe it or not.space and trust works in a long distance relationship.your doing good though! =)

• Call Once maybe twice per day at most, guys will end up hating it when you call more. My last relationship this girl called me 300 times a month, do the math that's 10 times a day not counting the text. we fought all the time . I keep telling her I have a life and can't answer all her calls, it was a big part of why we broke up. Once or twoice to say hi, or I'm thinking about you for the day, not literally every time lol.

• Lol I haven't called anyone that much. I didn't even know I was supposed to call him at all when I first did this question. I was barely calling him, unless I was returning his call.

• Just dont' do what she did and you will probably be fine

• very other day pretty

much. with a skipping

2 or 3 days in between

maybe.

dont sweat the e-cards.

if he tells you he appreciates

them, he probably does

no one appreciates responding

to an e-card. you don't

respond to a regular card, you

just receive it.

• Ah that is right. You don't respond to an e-card just like a regular card. ha ha

• Simply ask him what times of the day he would like you to call him or when he's usually free. If anything leave him a Voice mail wishing him a great day. Obviously he enjoys talking to you so it's not like you're bugging him.

• I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. It will take him away from all the other stuff that's going on his life so don't sweat it and do what your heart feels.

• call like twice a day man I don't mine getting called 20 times a day by a girl I like

What Girls Said 4

• well maybe you could call every other day :), or at least once amongst him calling. since it doesn't seem fair if you are not calling at all :) he has said he wants you to.

• if you've only been together a week, I'd say call once a day, but do it in the evening when he's less busy. it'll also save your cell minutes.

another really cool thing to do with long distance relationships is if you both watch the same tv show while you're on the phone...you can talk about it and during the commercials, it's almost like you're together : )

• Would seem that once a day would be quite appropriate

• You should not be persuing him-he should be pursuing you. Do waste your time "waiting" for a guy to call-cause you might wait forever! lol. Date local guys that can give you the attention you deserve. Life's too short just to be worried about some ass**** to call. That's just my opinion

• Thanks for your opinion. I used to believe that way and with certain guys I'd agree. I think he suffers from poor self esteem though, so might need reassurance occassionally. I'm not exactly concerned with my ego being bruised. Also, it's kind of complex with the local guys thing. This is the first guy I've liked in 5 years this way.