Why does no one ever call when I give my number?

My gosh,I'm starting to get my ego bruised here! Just recently I've been branching out and flirting and giving my number to dudes, yet I get no calls or texts or anything :/ It's very discouraging, as you can imagine. I don't think I'm repulsive... And I do a fair job at flirting... But I'll write my number down, slide it over with a cute smile, and nothing!

Am I doing something wrong? Please tell me! This is very embarrassing...

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm... a girl's only given me her number once, and I was too ignorant to understand that that meant she was interested (that was a few years ago).

I think guys don't really expect girls to offer up their number without being asked for it. I know its the 21st century and all that, but I really think you actually giving your number might be the turn off here. I really don't intend that to be mean, that's just my guess, since you're not unattractive. :)

• ...I'm an idiot -_-

• Hahaha, no, its good too be proactive, just not -too- proactive. But like Night4lover said, there could be any number of other reasons. This is just my best guess, since it seems to be happening consistently across a number of boys.

Anyways, don't feel bad. My friend was telling me they sell this book called 'Everything Guys Know About Girls', and its a big full-sized book, but all the pages are empty. So, we've all been there. That's why we ask questions on GAG! :)

What Guys Said 9

• I'm with SnackG on this one, they probably are not looking for anything serious and just want to get laid. So maybe your giving your number to the wrong type of men ? Maybe try a different place if your just doing it in the same place.

• I don't know what it is about, so your the expert. If a guy is shy, he might not call you. If a guy is not shy he will probably call the right girl for the venue, dancing at clubs, sports bars, racing. Unless you are an incredible women certain guys just don't have time for you. Make them work to get it and raise the avg. callbacks.

• Might be giving your number to the wrong type of guys. Just look back at those types and see if there is a pattern. Otherwise just get their number and call the shots yourself.

• theyr probably too drunk lol.. and they type your number wrong dunno.. it hapened to me recently to be honest.. I typed the number wrong.. but that's just me.. and from what I see from your pics its not your problem.. your adorable.. so its their loss

• You get THEIR number and you text them

• They probably just ain't interested. If a girl gave me her number and I was interested id call. don't give up, I love girls that are forward like that.

• I'll text you. :D Can I have it? You only live 2 hours away. ha ha

I wanna say it's straight uo bad luck. Or guys that only want to get laid then forget about you.

• Give me your number, I'll call you right now.

• Don't give your number to them if they haven't asked for it.

What Girls Said 0