Have you had any success with online dating?

This could be even just getting a guy or girl to talk to you for all I care. I've had none. Girls don't even answer making it a huge waste of time.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Sure. I met my first serious boyfriend online. It wasn't through a dating site though. I actually met him in a chatroom that I was a moderator of. He said something inappropriate, so I banned him. He sent me a private message and told me I was uptight and had no sense of humour. We ended up chatting and it turned out he lived in the town next to mine. Eventually we met in person and started dating. We were together for 5 years.

Other than that, I've chatted with numerous people from online dating/friend sites and met a number of them in person, though nothing serious came of it. :)

• I've met someone in person that I first met online before, but it wasn't with the intention to date them. He ended up being a creep anyways.

But a lot of people have success with online dating. As long as they take precautions and don't get too caught up in how many responses they get back, then it should be fine.

• I'm saying I got 0. lol

• I messaged over 30 girls. So yeah I believe it's a waste of time. I didn't just message "hot" girls either. I have no hooe in ever getting a girl anymore. Online dating made it so much worse too. I tried OKCupid and POF. Nothing on either. :|

• I don't have any real experience with online dating, so I'm not sure what tips to give you. But if you don't have any hope at all... well, then you probably won't make an effort, and if you want results, I think there needs to be continuous effort. I know it probably sucks having it go so badly, but if you don't keep trying, you'll never get anywhere either. Just my $0.02.

• well kind of yes, ubt we haven't seen each other yet

• Never tried so can't answer the 1st question. But from what I've observed, it seems like more people get or are more successful with their dates via online networks/websites/chatting tools rather than dating websites in particular. There are a couple gag users who got into a relationship with someone they freshly met here and so far going good.

Online dating has a chance of success of getting a good relationship, but it's slim. Extra caution always always has to be taken, and expectations can't be high. To some, it's still better than nothing. To some is a waste of time. It's a matter of how you use it.

• How do you meet someone that way? Do they move to another state to date them?

• Yes. I tired out eharmony during their free promotional weeks and actually met a nice guy on there. it's been about 8 months for us. I tried pof too which ended up in nothing. I feel like paid sites are better, quality wise

• lol I tried eharmony once. I didn't get any matches. Congrats though. :)

• Since I am a female my experience will be different than yours but I have had success with it. I get messaged several times a day so I don't have time to get back to everyone. It's not that I am rude but it would take too much time to get back to everyone who approaches me. Unfortunately for you, there are a lot more guys on dating sites than girls, so you have so much competition. Don't feel bad about yourself, it is just the guy to girl ratio working against you.

• It made me lose all hope. I thought made there was a chance I could have. 1/4 are dating off of dating sites blah blah blah. I couldn't even get a girl to say something back. Just felt so unwanted.

• Like I said, it's not you, it's the guy to girl ratio.

What Guys Said 2

• Had girls contact me yes. Never met them because they would be really desperate and I would feel bad that I wasn't as interested as them.

My one friend met his wife online and another met his girlfriend of about a year.

• I tried recently and I had a good time. I was even approached by women and asked on dates. But I was just testing the waters so I didn't meet any of them. I ended up going out with two girls I met in real life. But, I'd definitely consider giving it a serious try with a reputable website because I feel like I can filter a lot and focus on a few women that are very compatible with me.

• Are you good looking?

• Yes many women find me good looking and told me so. But I'm not the best looking guy out there and have no problem admitting it. But, I have a lot of other things working out for me though.