Why would a man who has a girlfriend in another town date women platonically?

I had a guy email me on a dating site he was looking for platonic women friends even though he has a girlfriend in another town. He has his girlfriend approval and she wrote something. Why would a man do this and why would his girlfriend go along with it? This goes against everything I have ever heard. If a man cares for a woman he wants to spend time with her and only her. I am very conservative and can't understand why he emailed me. It is obvious I am conservative in my profile.

Most Helpful Guy

• he sounds kinda like a player or maybe he's just lonely

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he can't see his girlfriend often, and they just have that healthy of a relationship to not have trust issues about that kind of thing. It could help them to re-enforce their love for one another.

• He might want a large group of women that can be his "rebound" if things don't work out with his girlfriend. Or maybe they are looking for a threesome? Idk

What Girls Said 1

• That's weird. Maybe there swingers or he's looking for someone to fall back on incase it doesn't work out with he's girlfriend.

• I don't want to be second choice, I want to be the only choice.

• Yes I agree 200%, lol. One good thing is that he told you he has a girlfriend (not to bright) you got to give him that. Most guys on these sites hide the fact that there in a relationship or worse married. Some guys even post pictures of themselves with a female and then block the girl out but you can still tell. Haha. How dumb!