Would you date a man with a lower prestige job or class status?

Suppose you earn more money, achieved a higher education, and climbed up the status latter higher than a man who is persuing you. Would accept him and date him? It seems that for some men it would be too intimidating or demasculating to date woman who makes more than him. And at the same time women seem to be pressured into dating men who are of a higher status in the workforce.

These days, more women are graduating college with bachelors and masters degrees than men. So I think that it will soon see that many women will have to wind up dating men with lower status or face some fierce competition to woo men of higher status than them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Would you date a woman physically less attractive than you?

• Yes but not one who is significantly less

• Then I wouldn't date a guy with significantly less money than me

What Girls Said 5

• I have before and I am now. It's never made a difference for me or for the guys. If I like them, I'll date them. :)

• Yes. I'm not that shallow.

• Probably not

• money and status are irrelevant to love

• I don't care as long as we are good together. With so many females choosing to go to college and university and fewer guys choosing to go, there is going to be a big switch in the majority of bread winners in the family and we will just have to get used to it.

What Guys Said 1

• women will not date a man that has a lesser job or class status. There was a study done in where they asked how much money they wanted thier future husband to make and most women said that their future husband should make about the same or more than what they did.

• women are stupid :p...divorce rates keep climbing...more women end up single and bitter by their late 30's because they couldn't find their perfect guy than ever...add in this whole status/education thing and its not wonder women bitch about not finding the "right guy" all the time.

• Men also say they want their future wife to be as attractive or more than they are. We're all a little shallow, just in different ways.

• then women shouldn't complain when we leave them for younger more attractive women.