Would you be okay with your "significant other" hanging out with someone they've slept with?

A girl my boyfriend used to sleep with is dating someone from their group, so now she's always around. Would that make you uncomfortable if your girlfriend/boyfriend were hanging out/going to bars with someone they've slept with, even if that person were taken?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. My boyfriend has slept with a lot of his female friends in the past. One of them is his best friend and roommate. I trust him. And I trust the roommate. But there are other ones that I don't trust, because they're blatantly disrespectful of our relationship and will hit on him or be all huggy and hanging all over him, even right in front of me. I know he won't do anything, but it still pisses me off to see it, so I definitely don't like it when they come around because they're like cats in heat all up in my territory, haha. But I don't tell him not to hang out with them or anything, because they're the ones who are being disrespectful, not him. I'd appreciate it though if he'd tell them to back off, out of consideration for my feelings.

• Thats something that pisses me off more than anything is when girls are blatantly disrespectful of other peoples relationships. I've experienced that myself and the fact that my boyfriend hasn't told them to back off is a big problem. He's letting his female friends disrespect not only me, but our relationship... but I agree, as long as each party respects their boundaries, there's no problem.

• Exactly. Yeah my dude is kind of lax about it, he doesn't say a whole lot, except shake them off a little. I know he just doesn't wanna rock the boat or cause a scene, but he IS already rocking the boat with ME when this happens and he doesn't say anything, lol. Because then I feel like HE'S disrespecting me too, by not 'defending our relationship' or seeming to care that what his friends are doing is bothering me. I have male friends who hug me and a couple who even flirt a little bit, but also

• I've never slept with any of the guys I'm currently friends with, the ones he would see hugging me. They all know I'm seeing someone, so any flirting that they MIGHT do is toned down and they back off and are respectful of that because they're good friends. He gets jealous about my guy friends sometimes, but the way I see it, I have way more reason to worry about HIM than vice versa, because he's slept with some AND his female friends are untrustworthy. Yet I trust him. So I get over it.

What Guys Said 4

• It would make me uneasy, but I would trust my girl to do the right thing. If she doesn't, she's gone.

• It would make me uneasy, but I'd deal with it.

• I'd be a bit ticked, but I'll trust her to do the right thing.

• I'd have to be

What Girls Said 7

• Nope been there done that. Won't let it happen again. Boyfriend hung out with a girl he.use to.sleep with , OK. I even hung out w her and she really.considered me.a.friend. She then got weird and started hitting on my boyfriend, acting strange, bringing up times they had.sex...she even broke down one day at a party to please have sex.with her one last time, that she loved him NOPE, byebye lol

• its not my choice who another human beings chooses to spend time with. its my choice to decide if I want to be with them or not. in this case of talking to former partners-no. I would not leave just because he had had sex with current friends.

Theres a whole lot of sex happening in the world. if I can't handle that my boyfriend may have had sex with someone he currently talks to, I do not think I'm ready to have a boyfriend . you would be saying you don't think he should be friends with an ex, who may be an important person to him.

• no and yes, my first reaction was helll no! but then I had to remeber that I was completley OK with this in the past with a boyfriend and his ex, because she was also my best friend, they were friend with benefits before we started dating, us three were all close friends.

• If I was there, no, If I was not yes. Especially since it includes alcohol. I trust my man but I don't trust other girls lol, but the situation would also kinda depend on which ex it was

• Thats what I've always said to my boyfriend. If there's alcohol involved, you better be around good company.

• yea, My thoughts exactly

• Not really, unless she was acting in a way that was disrespectful.

• nope. I wouldn't be OK with that at all

• Hopefully that will be physically impossible for me or my SO, but if it ever happens (which it never will) I wouldn't like it one bit.