Do some guys not kiss on the first date?

I went on a date with this guy,he bought me flowers,it was really sweet and he sent me a messaging telling me I'm hot lol and we went to a movie and he put his arm around me,but we didn't kiss the whole night.At the end of the night he dropped me off at home and I ended up saying is it bad that I wanna kiss you and he said no and started giggling and I asked what he was laughing at and he's like nothing and I said no what and he said no nothing...So I was like okay well thank you for the date..and then I left.And about 10 min after he said I miss u.Lol now I'm wondering if he meant to send that to someone else or actually meant to send it to me and I feel like an idiot now,did he realize he didn't wanna kiss me or something or maybe he just does it differently and doesn't kiss on the first date..I'm so confused lol.And he had also asked me to come along to an event with friends but I didn't really answer it Because I thought it was a bit soon to be hanging out with his friends lol...

What do you think?Do guys not kiss on the first date sometimes?

He ended up saying he was waiting for me to tilt my head lol.Maybe my signals suck lol.So will be making up for the kisses next time,thanks for your responses :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally do not kiss on the first date;however, I don't just let her walk away. It might be kind of odd but I get nothing but good responses from girls that I date for the first time.

So were at her door or standing outside of the car. Were having that end of the date conversation and as we say our goodbyes I look deeply into her eyes and I read her body language. If all signs point to a no then I happily respect her decision and give her a hug and/or a kiss on the cheek. If all signs point to a yes then this is where it gets tricky. I look deeply into her eyes as we both start to lean in for the kiss and keep that eye contact until she closes hers. Once she does, I divert my head to the right. When this is done she will freeze in confusion but be ready to catch her because she might loose her balance. So your head should be to the right of hers. You stop suddenly giving her a chance to realize what happened then you whisper into her ear," Goodnight *her name*". Then you play it smooth. Turn your head and give her a kiss on the cheek. Then you just walk away.

What this does is leaves them with that tension and makes them want you more. It also shows that you care about them enough to save the physical part of the relationship for later. And it shows that you respect them and aren't just using them for their bodies. But I do it 1) because it's fun and they never expect it to happen like that and 2) its such a smooth way to end a date.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm not much for cuddling, kissing, anything like that on the first date. I just think the first few dates between "hello" and "where is this going?" are for learning about each other, getting comfortable around each other, and determining if you are compatible or not. I'll do it if she wants, but I'd rather not.

• I'd only kiss her on the first date if she showed signals that she wanted me to. But you've actually told him so he might be too shy.

• You didn't do anything wrong. How old is this guy? I don't think he has very much dating experience. Whatever the reason was for him to not kiss you is dumb. Unless you really like this guy for some reason you should find some one else.

• Some guys are too shy and maybe think it's too forward. I know if I went on a date I'd probably be too shy/nervous to the kiss the girl the first time

• Yes, some guys don't kiss on the first date.

• " I'd only kiss her on the first date if she showed signals that she wanted me to."

- Sixstring

• I did though I even told him I wanted to at the end lol he has asked to see me again lol

What Girls Said 1

• i know a couple of guys they don't have had 1 year relationships with girls and they have still not kissed their girlfriend. and I know a girl she won't kiss her guy until 6-7 months of dating. that's showing you not just dating this person for the physical.

• 0_o...Are these like 5th graders?

• where the hell do you live? get outt'a there!

• haha. Well there are thousands of guys everywhere that don't kiss on the first date. Just find an Apostolic/ Pentecostal man. he'll treat you right. :))